Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR running rough after putting extractors on?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Cracked plug 95% ^ I agree, pull them all out and carefully look for cracks, you should see at least one is broken. Just buy another set and be go a bit easier when you put them in this time

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
There should be a rubber ring that sits inside the sparkplug socket that helps to prevent the above from happening.Remember to keep the wrench straight and inline with the sparkplug ,its the side pressure from a crooked wrench that cracks them.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I saw something a while ago where the leads were losened on the coil pack and then with the engine running, they were removed 1 by 1 until there was no difference in the idle. This would then indicate the faulty plug, lead, coil etc.

ethann

Low And Luxurious!
Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 WRX, '73 Stingray, Lifted/Locked GQ.
Finally got a chance yesty to take out the plugs.
This explains everything...
IMG_0202.jpg

Replaced all 6 plugs and she runs sweet again =D

Thanks heaps for all your help guys.

REV_HEAD_V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 v8 vr stateman caprice
help lol

hi mate i got a prob with me 94 vr 5L caprice stateman i was driveing and she dyed in tha ars she coffs splaters i go 2 put in drive and put my foot down she dyes in tha ars a again mate so i replace the coil she coffs and splatters still so bort spark plug leads i put them on it dose the sames oh im looking 4 dyegram 4 the fire order soz being a pain man have a good 1 cheers man

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
try changing your tps sensor mate. its the sensor that is connected to underneath your throttle body that senses how open or closed the butterfly is. should be able to get one from a wreckers for like 5 or 10 bucks. if that doesnt work try your map sensor (the small black box attached to the firewall near your throttle body) and also check out the hose from the map sensor to the throttle body for damage, that can cause similar problems too. good luck mate :thumbsup: