Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
defiantly has to white or black... orange is just gay, not the best colour...trying to get my parents to buy 1.. but as soon as the ss sells ill be putting in my order...

although toyota are only delivering 250 a month the wait is going to be quite some time -__-

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Put a deposit on one to order (white gts 6mt) last Monday, will be delivered around nov/dec (at my request). The earliest wait for cars on order are probably october/november delivery, but this is mainly for GTS in manual. There are still unsold stock of GTS auto, gt manual and gt auto in dealers around the country but you need to ring around. If no luck with that there is a short wait on these spec too (delivery for next month) with stock also unalocated.

I drove one yesterday (GTS auto) and its hard to fault. There are a few little cheapness things about it, rear cards are just hard plastic and the a/c toggle switches on gts are a little flimsy (obviously rear leg room is terrible but what do you expect?). In terms of ride, suspension is firm but not harsh and there is virtually no body roll. Engine actually sounds ok in person, has a nicer note in cabin due to the sound pipe from the intake. Although you don't get thrown back in seat, revs build nicely and you build speed quickly (about as fast as an sidi sv6). The auto is very very good for a torque converter box. I found changes a little sloppy when just putting around (probably better that way - improves ride quality), but at WOT the paddle shifts have virtually no delay and shifts quick and smooth with no flare. Throttle is perfectly blipped on downshifts which have also zero delay and smooth engagement. Steering is nice and tight with good road feel - point the car and it responds without drama. Seats are one of the best ive sat in, really comfy and well supported (not to mention heated seats on gts). Head unit is ok, nav seems fine, plays divx via usb (or sd card?) and can be fitted with a reverse camera (although I struggle to see how you need one for a car this size). Instrument cluster is well layed out, very driver oriented (large tach in your face, digital speedo on gts is nice - both gt and gts get a factory programmable shift light). Both floor mats and boot mat are standard.

Later today I should be driving a manual gts, not expecting much difference but just to get a feel for what the manual is like.

Some pics:
c7a938ab.jpg

0784f8fd.jpg

78f5cb2b.jpg

4e118e81.jpg

f1fff40b.jpg

ee0255b9.jpg

55626973.jpg

1f4fc301.jpg

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
My middle son just got his last week. He likes it. Not bad for a first car.

306551_264003843705443_66674981_n.jpg

548252_264004240372070_1773069488_n.jpg

553869_264003950372099_1476340525_n.jpg

He thinks it's pretty l33t too.
179101_266152743490553_255039088_n.jpg

Last edited:

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Lock down tailor made floor mats come as standard equipment?
Could that be because Toyota had all those legal problems in the US recently with mats moving and getting jammed under the accelerators?

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
If they brought it out with a rotary from the rx8 ora turbo charged version I would be ordering one, but otherwise I personally am not interested. I don't see the point in buying a brand new car and then having to spend more money modifying it to give it some balls.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
This car is not about grunt but about driving experience. It's the new mazda mx5. You don't hundreds of hp to have a car that is awesome to drive.

I think Toyota and Subaru are onto a winner. Won't be long before these are everywhere, there is a big aftermarket part selection for them and there will be a ameatur racing class for them.