Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reading.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
As im basically just a big kid my favourite author is Terry Pratchett and his Discworld series.

Dont have much time for reading these days between family and work but I also love to learn and like non fictional natural and human history and space books too.

Been reading a few Spot books lately, that dog gets up to some crazy s*** I tell ya

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
In regards to spelling and grammar, I just cringe sometimes when I see what people write, if you can call it writing that is.

Yes, I also cringe when I see the poor spelling and the way some put things together.
One of my biggest hates I notice is using "done and seen it" incorrectly. They would not have been taught that way at school, so why do they use those two words like that now?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yes, I also cringe when I see the poor spelling and the way some put things together.
One of my biggest hates I notice is using "done and seen it" incorrectly. They would not have been taught that way at school, so why do they use those two words like that now?

Yeah, you can tend to spot the uneducated by the use of "I seen that".

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
E=MC2 is a good read. A biography on our favourite physicist.

Then and than, of and have, loose and lose.....I could go on.

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
BIG fan of Matthew Reilly books - I own them all hahaha. Also read Jeffery Deaver - my fav crime writer. And F Paul Wilson - Repairman Jack is an absolute legend :)

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I'm a big reader. I like secret agent style and adventure novels. Fav authors include Vincent Flynn, Clive Cussler, Matthew Reilly (probably my top three writers), Robert Ludlum, Tom Clancy, Andy McNabb, Chopper Read (always entertaining), plus a bunch more I cant think of at the moment. I have almost all books by the above authors and have read quite a few multiple times, especially the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn.

I also like the Harry Potter series. Please don't tell anyone.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Where do I start with my reading?

Fiction - Michael Connelly, Clive Cussler, Patrick Robinson, Greg Iles, Karen Slaughter, Sean Slater and probably half a dozen others that escape me at present.

Non fiction - technical material, aviation, motor vehicles, history (particularly Australian history and the two World Wars), military vehicles, naval histories, biographies.

Sometimes I have to stop buying or borrowing library books just so that I can catch up with the accumulated backlog of reading on my shelves.

And I agree with the comments regarding poor spelling and grammar - it is a very good indication of what or whether a person reads.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Been a massive reader since forever starting with the chose your own adventure books (how awesome were they!!)

Not sure you guys would read most of the stuff I read lol and no we're not talking 50 shades cause I have wayyyy more taste than that.....Matthew Reilly is definitely a huge favorite though I didn't read his last one about chess I think it was. Sounded really strange for him. The new China zoo book of his looks interesting though. James Patterson, Dean Koontz and Clive Cussler are more of my favourites. I'm still trying to get through my second round of the song of ice and fire series at the moment if I ever have a spare minute. I did have 2 8 foot bookcases chock full of books but then Wraith bought me a kindle. Have to say I love how much easier it is, cheaper books too :)