Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Clubsport Upgrades

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
I had an xforce cat back on the car for only one day..I removed it cos the droning was intolerable. Got a custom made 2.5 twin system made with pacemakers and the difference in sound and quality was miles ahead of the x farce..

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Yeah, don't touch Xforce or Redback. They are both droney junk. I know from firsthand experience.

Also, don't be tempted to buy any "complete bolt on catback" from anywhere online like Ebay, DEA Performance or anything like that online is going to give fitment trouble and be cheap, and sound cheap and be a general headache.

Message "NotAnAbbaFan" on here and get him to price a nicer system (he sells some nice Manta catback exhaust systems at a decent price). Or get an exhaust shop to custom build you an exhaust system.

I've been burned in the last month with some terrible "bolt on" catback systems I bought online, and you should learn from my heartaches... What's worse than an Xfarce catback? Being sold a Chinese copy of an Xfarce under the pretense its a brand name catback..... Which is where I found myself last week.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Excuse my ignorance. But why are x-force exhaust so bad? This is the first place I've seen where people bash x-force exhausts. Used to have one on my vz ute and I honestly didn't think it was that bad... What am I missing?

They are cheaply made, drone like #### and rust away and end up with holes in mufflers and pipes in 6 months on average and within 12 months they are pretty ####ed and they hang low as well hitting ####ing everything on slightly lowered cars.

Forget the 3" too big for no reason really, its just another point hanging low that will hit **** and bumps on the road.

Pacemakers will be $750-$1200 depending on which you get either tri-ys or 4-into-1s, I'd suggest tri-ys unless your gonna add a massive cam and stall (assuming its auto) since they will give you more down low.

2.5" 200CPSI cats, i use Venom cats off a store in Doncaster, Vic but he sells em on ebay too, you get get a pair of em for under $400.

Exhaust, any decent twin 2.5" system, i use auspac on mine, mantas a good option except its gotta ship from WA and courier companies are **** dropping and damaging ****, or whatever you can find from your local exhaust places.

All up including fitting and welding (plus removing a broken header stud in the block FFS) it cost me about 2 or 2.1k for the system installed, but i purchased the headers and cats myself so i didn't pay a exhaust shop markup on parts.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
I used factory headers, high flow cats and a single 3 inch through a couple of mufflers.
I like my cars pretty quiet and the 3" gave it a deeper quieter note. With the cam the
smaller exhaust sounded a lot tougher where as the 3" sounded softer? If that makes sense.

The other thing was the dreaded drone. Spent a lot money trying to get rid of that and different
exhaust combinations. The 3" got rid of it completely.

Flucas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
I'm going to disagree with you about x-force but that's just personal opinion. Thank you for your input regardless though! :)

Need some advice audio wise. Car still has factory headunit so I'm guessing the speakers are 15 years old as well. What have other people done?

I'm thinking a decent touch screen headunit. Like Sony/kenwood/alpine etc. running component speakers in the front doors and running them off their own amp, putting just some cheapie in the rear doors and parcel shelf and then running an 1800w sub off its own amp? Does that sound good to anyone?

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Good luck with the Xforce. Personally I wouldn't put something cheap like that on a classy car like the Clubsport. Its your call but removing a nice stainless Clubsport exhaust for a Chinese mild steel exhaust wouldn't be something I'd want to do.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
use the factory headers and a nice custom 2.5" system (hint that's what I have) sounds nice to me. My series 2 has extractors as factory headers, not sure about a S1 if that's what you have.

x-force = junk.

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Need some advice audio wise. Car still has factory headunit so I'm guessing the speakers are 15 years old as well. What have other people done?

I'm thinking a decent touch screen headunit. Like Sony/kenwood/alpine etc. running component speakers in the front doors and running them off their own amp, putting just some cheapie in the rear doors and parcel shelf and then running an 1800w sub off its own amp? Does that sound good to anyone?

have a look over here Car Audio

options are endless when it comes to A/V upgrades. depends on ur budget and how many bolts u plan on rattling loose with the new doof doof system. being a clubsport, i wouldnt go with the cheaper options of fusion/tarantula/sony xplod... turns a nice car into a bogan mobile.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
My clubsport was in very original condition so i didnt touch the stereo or anything on it really except the engine and box.
I would make a point to keep the old gear and make it so it can be swapped back,whatever you end up doing.

Flucas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
I am keeping all original parts off the car, but while ever I have it I want it to suit my needs. It's a s1 but it comes with hsv extractors and cats. But I'm planning on camming it etc in the long run.