Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sidi ve sv6 mods

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV

I knew series 1 and 2 were different, but i was asking more SV6 vs SS like he asked.
Series 1 SV6 and SS look pretty much the same if not are the same?

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
SV6 & SS bars same, same with tail lights. SSV tails are different. I want to swap to SS mufflers as well, if I get round to it.

farmer1995

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim VE sv6 S2
Is their a difference in front bars?

SSV tail lights look good on black. I have some :)

iv'e been told that there isn't any difference with the front bars a mate of mine bolted one straight on and yeh i got a set of ssv tail lights for 60 bucks brand new still in the box. Bargain! :D

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I'm amazed p platers still buy V6 commodores. There's such a huge range of cars available to them now. If I were on my p plates now I'd be in an old 5L or an S15. I'm actually kind of pissed that they brought the rule down to just power to weight. I'd probably still have the same car now if that was the only rule that existed when I had my p's.

Sleepa83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SV6 series 2 SIDI
Hey mate,
Yes I'm a bit late to this thread but I have a bit of experience with mods on my SIDI SV6 2011 model.
To date my current mods include; SS Growler CAI, 20% underdriven pulley kit, polished extractors and high flow cats, Xforce 2/14 inch sports exhaust, Exedy HD clutch, single mass flywheel, torque lock lsd diff with 3.9 gears custom dyno tune. Lowered pedders suspension, It's making around 180rwkw, 440nm torque. However with the diff gears it feels a lot quicker. I struggle for traction now though due to the extra torque and the diff gears.
The exhaust sounds really good especially with the cats and extractors and doesn't drone too much however under load its pretty bloody loud. I was looking at putting cams in it but its Pretty damn pricey so they will have to wait a bit. Ive pretty much done all the bolt on mods I can without opening up the motor. A lot of people do comment on the car and the way it sounds as its pretty unique. I've owned plenty of V8s and sixes but this time I just wanted to build something unique instead of doing the same thing everyone else does and modify a V8. The SIDI V6 engines have a lot of potential but it just depends on how much you want to spend as I've spent over 10k so far and wouldn't take it back for the world.
I'm not sure what your restrictions are as a P plater but this will give you an idea of what you can do.
Hope this helps mate.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Hey mate,
Yes I'm a bit late to this thread but I have a bit of experience with mods on my SIDI SV6 2011 model.
To date my current mods include; SS Growler CAI, 20% underdriven pulley kit, polished extractors and high flow cats, Xforce 2/14 inch sports exhaust, Exedy HD clutch, single mass flywheel, torque lock lsd diff with 3.9 gears custom dyno tune. Lowered pedders suspension, It's making around 180rwkw, 440nm torque. However with the diff gears it feels a lot quicker. I struggle for traction now though due to the extra torque and the diff gears.
The exhaust sounds really good especially with the cats and extractors and doesn't drone too much however under load its pretty bloody loud. I was looking at putting cams in it but its Pretty damn pricey so they will have to wait a bit. Ive pretty much done all the bolt on mods I can without opening up the motor. A lot of people do comment on the car and the way it sounds as its pretty unique. I've owned plenty of V8s and sixes but this time I just wanted to build something unique instead of doing the same thing everyone else does and modify a V8. The SIDI V6 engines have a lot of potential but it just depends on how much you want to spend as I've spent over 10k so far and wouldn't take it back for the world.
I'm not sure what your restrictions are as a P plater but this will give you an idea of what you can do.
Hope this helps mate.

I heard a VE v6 Cammed on youtube. I must say it sounded pretty good lol.

Sleepa83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SV6 series 2 SIDI
Yeah I've heard it too and I was pretty impressed! I'd definetly like to put cams in mine eventually, I think it would finish it off nicely!