Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss with 20's load rating

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
It is my understanding you can go 2" bigger than stock in wheel size correct?
The tyre placard says it has 245/45/18 and 96load rated wheels

If my GTS rims are 245/35/20 and 96 or above, does that mean they should be fully legal and have no insurance trouble?

Then my second question, is the stretched 245 on the rear legal? If i fit a 275 on the rear is that illegal as well?

I believe most states have throw out the 2" rules and are now + or - 15mm overall diameter from the largest or smallest tyres on the placard. Either way HSV wheels are factory equipment and therefore are legal so long as you met the load ratings which is easy to do anyway.

Unsure about legalities of stretching but just run 275s if your get a 9.5 rears or buy 4 front wheels which are 20x8s. Staggered wheels are factory on HSVs so I know they say you cant run them but I don't see why not plus the VF redlines are factory on staggered wheels.

Best bet is to your vehicle standards in your state and ask them as they work for the law and the polices officers get there regulations from them. I thikn you'd want to contact VicRoads?

2010VEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Thanks

Will have to do more research on it I think... at the moment they are staggered but all on 245 tyres, but the front tyres are not load rated high enough