Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I have a leak behind the water water pump.

BasNZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Hi, any help in fixing this leak as per the photo the steal pipe that has a o ring on it, and pushes into the timing cover. The O-ring looks fine but seems to be not a very tight fit, any help, Thanks
ccrty.jpg
436239201_1443785263009088_7938936916539022432_n.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Needs a new O ring, then clean out the bore it goes into and fit new O ring with some lube into the bore.

BasNZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Needs a new O ring, then clean out the bore it goes into and fit new O ring with some lube into the bore.
Thanks is there a part number for this O-ring and what is this pipe known as? Cheers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's for the heater circuit. Not sure if it has an actual name sorry.

I've bought the O rings from Holden in the past but never kept the numbers.

BasNZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
It's for the heater circuit. Not sure if it has an actual name sorry.

I've bought the O rings from Holden in the past but never kept the numbers.
Ok thanks looks like it is coming from there, as have replaced the other ones with the brass fittings that a nearby.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't think you will get one from Holden anymore as they no longer list one for Series II V6. You're best bet will be a bearing shop and grab two or three orings that look about right and use the one that fits tight but not so tight it won't go in with a bit of lube.

Repco or Burson might have a listing for a Series I Buick, but the listing they have for the Series II is wrong. Both Repco and Burson stock the same kit, one is too small and too thin and the other slips off. However, being a Series I you might just luck it.

Reactions: Lex

BasNZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I don't think you will get one from Holden anymore as they no longer list one for Series II V6. You're best bet will be a bearing shop and grab two or three orings that look about right and use the one that fits tight but not so tight it won't go in with a bit of lube.

Repco or Burson might have a listing for a Series I Buick, but the listing they have for the Series II is wrong. Both Repco and Burson stock the same kit, one is too small and too thin and the other slips off. However, being a Series I you might just luck it.
Thanks mate, yes S1 but runs VP 93 motor and box, will just buy a 300-piece O-ring kit and try my luck, but think these O-rings are a more flat type.. 16mm ID and 21mm OD with a 3mm width. s1 and s2 are the same... I have the s1 motor here and pipe was tight so removed it to use it but was also a loose fit put it back in the s1 and is now also a loose fit, seems to be once removed, no good to use again,

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Thanks mate, yes S1 but runs VP 93 motor and box, will just buy a 300-piece O-ring kit and try my luck, but think these O-rings are a more flat type.. 16mm ID and 21mm OD with a 3mm width.
The old one will look flat having been in there for a while.
As mentioned above, thoroughly clean the hole the tube goes into probably with light emery cloth and use a bit of rubber/O ring grease.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep as above the oring will square off from heat and time. It tricked me a few years ago too.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
There was a silicon o-ring available many years ago(early 2000's?) for the Buick motor,they last the life of the engine.
Someone on here may remember the details.