Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help

hazardous 85

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 storm wagon 2015
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has gone through what I am going through ATM and if U have any ideas or opinions?

I have never had any issues with my storm thus far and took it in for a service yesterday. Today I was sitting idle for 10 minutes and overheating alarm was triggered as well as the gauge reaching 3/4 . I turned it off for an hour. After starting it up, I got a few hundred metres before the same thing happened again. The fan seems to be working fine. Any one gone through similar experience or have any ideas other than the obvious, go to a mechanic. I would much appreciate your opinions. Thanks

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Did the service include a coolant flush? If so may be they were sloppy and there is some air in the system (unlikely because dealer service have the tools to do it without such problems).

If air is in the cooling system, read the following thread for a background as to the

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vz-ve-vf-alloytec-cooling-system-repairs.279976/

The other common problem that causes cooling system overheating is the radiator cap o-ring is squashed. Best easiest and cheapest fix is to just buy another genuine radiator cap and replace the stuffed one (unscrew the radiator cap when the system is cold else burns and hospital trip).

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Check the coolant level, make sure the cap is fitted and call/complain to the service centre so they know there is a problem after they worked on it otherwise they will try and blame you if you leave it for any period of time.