Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Q: about rubing gards

MY VY

VZ cam 380rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7 M6
As you would know i have lowered my vy but know the gards are rubing.
dose anyone have this problem and if so how did you fix it because none of the panel beaters in tassie will no Guarantee there work it because the pant may crack

Last edited:

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
get the guards rolled, my mates paint hasnt come off yet he has 20" wheels

MY VY

VZ cam 380rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7 M6
19' 245 / 35

hauler

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
yer they say before they roll ya gaurds that the paint may crack but i know a few people that have had it done and their paint has never cracked. I would prefer to go to a tyre shop to get it done rather then a panel shop as the tyre shop would probally do it more often then a panel shop.

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
19s should not rub i had the same size on my vy with superlows and it never rubbed,i guess it must be a different offset.

And yes if you were to get them rolled by a panelbeater he cant guarantee the paint wont crack i know because im a panelbeater and get asked this question offen.

VYClubby

Proud Clubby Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
294rwkw Oztrack Tuned 220 cam
You may have the same problem as my clubby. The offset is wrong. Take of a wheel and check the numbers on the back. My offset is 38 which is incorrect. They should be around 44. My wheels rub when I throw it into a corner (not lowered). I will have to replace my 19's ( fitted when purchased ) when I get the cash.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
got it done on both my sv6's first time was just because i felt like it and second tome because the wheels a too big for how low it is.

both time they used the proper machine with the skate board wheel and never cracked the paint

Egnitevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 S-03
Yea if they do rub and start wearing out your tyres from the inside, then id get a camber kit installed from ur machanic.