Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
RiCeY
Rating:
100%
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Feedback Stats

• Mate just wondering if you could tell me more about that head unit and aircon fault on the Calais. Iv just bout one and its aircon is locked in and unit won't work
    Hi RiCey,

sv6 2009 sidi sedan series 1;Mechanic put in 5w-40 instead of 5w-30. Since I got it back its constantly misfiring.

Coils & sparks & throttle body, new battery, oil & filter, fuel pressure test, compression test, engine valve clean, replaced crank angle sensor, manifold leak down test and reset ECU. The misfire doesn't seem to happen if you keep the revs under 2k; & also if same speed on the motorway. If you give it some or speed up or slow down it misfires P300 codes (mainly 1,3,5) but also 2,4,6. One time I slightly swerved to avoid a lorry pulling onto the motorway and 2 seconds coming back into the inside lane it misfired.

The funny thing is that sometimes if you stop turn off the engine and turn it on again, it clears the MIL and you can continue driving (under 2k revs) but if you go above that it gets upset and misfires again.

Someone said the oil can play havoc with the actuators ... any thoughts on the actuators or other probs; so far its cost me over 2k :(
    Mate I'm having an issue with oil pressure. Had it confirmed a week ago was losing oil pressure between 1300 and 1800 rpm and had a lifter noise that came wen engines warm. Was told by a tune shop relief valve may be sticking so I replaced the oil pump. Now the engines quiet no lifter noise like b4 but the oil light is still coming on at that same rpm range again. A Mate put a tuners laptop on it and oil pressures were all over the place from 0 to 130psi suggesting a stuffed sender. I only replaced sender a year ago. Have u come across it b4 Iv heard there's a relief valve in the sump as well. Not sure if my sump has it 2007 VE SS series 1 L98 engine. If anybody wud know I'm guessing you might know wat also may cause the issue I'm having.
    Hi Guys, I am stuck with a problem. I have a 2007 Commodore VE Ute. The car's battery has ran down and now I can not open it. I tried both keys in the drivers door lock, but none of them will even turn, I can only insert the key in the lock and that is it, it doesn't turn. I usually use the remote to open the car, using the same key to start it. I hope someone will have a solution for this. Thanks.
    Hi Mate
    I have a VT II Calais 5.7 which has overheating prob. for a while. The temp usually sits on 1/2 + most of the time even on hot days however if you are on freeway at 100 - 110km/h on a 30+ day the temp goes up to 3/4 to 6/8. Also when driving up a steep hill for 500m+. It happens also when towing a trailer. I have had to pull over and let it cool down twice as a small amount of steam was coming from under the bonnet. I replaced the radiator however this did not fix the problem. I replaced the water heater. This also never resolved the issue. The car doesn't seem to loose any water. The only thing I can think of is to replace the thermostat. One other thing that may be noteworthy is that I do have an oil leak which appears to be coming from the lower rear of the engine which requires oil to be refilled regularly. (Approx. 1L per week).
    Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Troy
    Hi Ricey,
    Did that OBD II scanner ever show up - if so - did you have any luck?
    Cheers, Mike.
    Hi Ricey,

Saw an old thread on VE hoodlinings. I pulled mine out today and just wanted to get some advise before putting it back in as it was a bit more complicated than I thought it would be. Do you have pics of how to remove and reinstall. can you email to [email protected]

Thanks mate.
    Scott
    Hey mate, just got a quick question regarding some of the threads about alloytec spark plugs.
    I like your method of leaving the manifold on with the two corner bolts, but theres some conflicting arguments ive been reading.

Does it matter which two corners you leave partially threaded? i think youve said leave in front right and rear left so you can chock the manifold up. and others have said front left and rear right?!?!

sorry for asking a q that probably comes up all the time but just want to do it right without ####ing it up!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…