Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
wildfireSV6
Rating:
0%
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Feedback Stats

• Howdy, spotted your name in an old(ish) post re catch can on an Alloytec. Understand you may have somen piccys of your installation. Is it possible you could share some with me? I am having difficulties getting my head around the finished installation and choice of brand/manufacturer of catch can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Benboy
    Good to hear tune has improved things. Any thoughts on how much extra HP at the rears you getting? I liked the OTR...mine needed to be tuned though as MAF was reading to high. Sounds like the VCM one had no such issues. Do yu know what the peak flow rate is that you are getting? I'm currently peaking at 230grams/sec.
    Hi Mick...yeah I believe there are some big differences in the E85. I'm hoping that if it is tuned to E85 and that if I happen to get 70% then all it will do is run rich. Just means that the mix is 70% ethanol 30% unleaded rather than 85/15. I get about 450km per tank around town on the cane juice so have to fill up more often but the torque benefit is fantastic + I don't have to clean my exhaust tips anymore...no more black crap. It sounds like the cams work well up top so I think the E85/cams mix may work well. That's what I think I'll try once you guys are finalised and the cams go into production. You seen a new tune yet?
    E85 is a pain in the arse from a consumption perspective as only getting about 450km a tank (city driving) but the way it runs is fantastic. Would find it hard to go back now. Might have to with a cam now though :)

Cheers
    Yeah nice work Mick...from the vid the top end looked real strong. Bet you can't wait for the tune update. Are you running E85? Looking forward to seeing the dyno. Plenty of folk here and in the US watching the progress...good stuff.

Jarp
    Hey Mick,

Have to ask...how does it feel? Looks like it's running pretty strong straight up. Nice work.

Cheers
    Jarrod
    Hey mate,

was wanting to know if you would be able to send me a piccy of ur oil catch can location as I was wanting to get one on my alloytec.

Thanks heaps.
    Hey mate, I've seen that you've installed the mace insulators and was just wondering how u managed to get the plastic around the bottom of the windscreen off coz by the looks of it u need it off to get to some bolts. I just don't want to pull on anything and break clips or whatever holds it there.

Cheers Matt
    Yeah was thinking 180-190RWKW sounds about right. I looked at that trim the other day and it does look like a pain in the arse to get off. Is the spacer worth the effort you think? The pacies are a must....the fellas that fit mine just used a second hand pair of V8 cats with mine as it made it an easier installation and cheaper than new ones. Can I ask what RPM peak KW was read on your dyno?

Cheers
    Jarrod
    Soz mate.. haven't dynoed again. The auto doesn't seem to play well on the dyno so didn't want to waste my money again not without some further hardware changes. Feels good to drive to me though so happy for now. Am waiting for an OBD-II WiFi interface and will run it with the Dashcommand software which should give me a reasonable idea of current RWKW and Torque. Will seek out a proper dyno after manifold spacer goes in and I've asked for a couple of further TCM changes. You got any numbers?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…