Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
Sabbath'
Rating:
100%
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Feedback Stats

• Hello Sabbath, I note you are in Melbourne and that you know a bit about fixing leaking washer bottle filler tubes of VF GTS etc. I just went to fill mine today & water came out of bottom LHS of car. Is this caused by split hose or hose coming off from top of bottle. What will the fix be,...have you done a few?Regards, Griffith.
    Sabbath'
    Sabbath'
    Hey mate, more than likely a split in the hose. Although this issue was solved early in VE production so very unlucky if it's happened o you with a VF. Could also be a split in the tank or the tank is full and it's coming out of the overflow. You should be able to reach down and feel if there is a split in the hose. Pouring water in while you feel around will give you an answer. Cheers.
    G
    Griffith
    Hello Sabbath. Is there an overflow, so that water will leak out when full. Maybe they all do that? Could that be my problem? I know the bottle is full, because I hardly ever use the wipers. I have a friend with a VF Calais, & he says his always leaks water from front LHS when he fills the washers? Access with the GTSR with intercooler & other stuff is very limited. I appreciate your assistance very much indeed.
    Sabbath'
    Sabbath'
    No problems at all, On the drivers side there is an air vent/purge which when filling the tank will equalize pressure and you will notice some water flowing up it when it gets close to full. On the passenger side where the fill nozzle is im pretty sure there is an overflow port, the tank is a bit of a flattened out rectangle shape from memory.
    Hey man,,my vz v6 has slightly rough idle an now I've noticed clicking sound on idle,
    It sounds like it's coming from the evap solenoid and even that small hose that goes to manifold is clicking ,
    Today I had the solenoid out an blew into it,it didn't blow through, Does that mean the solenoid is fine?
    Should I just buy one and see if it stops clicking/rough idle?
    Appreciate if u know anything about it,
    Cheers
    Just a thanx for pulling me up to correct an incorrect statement. I dont like giving inaccurate information and appreciate it when people that have the answers give them. Have a good aust day weekend mate cheers.
    i dunno if that was ur vl or not that u posted on "Rims on vl" but if it was how much did you take off your springs? cheers
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…