Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New excuse for fatties - "It's a virus that makes me fat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
New research suggests viruses could be the cause of the obesity epidemic | News.com.au

Why of ####ing why is so much time and money spend on giving fatties more excuses about why they are fat?

I'm sorry, but I just plain don't buy all this crap about obese people not having control of their weight.

Not many fatties in countries were there is a food shortage.

Lets look in Europe where PC "can't call fatties fat" rubbish isn't as prominant, and even McDonals food is healthier than say the US.

France (land of fashion, snobbiness and fine dining) - approx. 11% of people are obese
US (Bigger is better and upsizing) - approx. 30% of people are obese

Coincidence? I think bloody not!

It's about ignorance and lifestyle choices!

I know a woman who works in a dept near me. She is a fatty! Like, obese... when she walks past I look outside the window because I am mistaken into thinging there is thunderstorms outside.

We had "health checks" at work, she came back from her check and was reading though her report which said he has high blood pressure, something fattie related with her heart and she is scientifically classed as obese.

But she denied she was obese black and blue, apparently she is "Just big bones and thats how she frame carries a little excess"

She then carried on about how she eats right and goes for walls, blah blah blah.

No ****, the next day I hear her talking about how when she gets a Mc-something meal from Macca's she likes to get it home and eat the chips with cookies and cream icecream!! And this is a REGULAR THING!!!

WTF??

1. You are fat, there is no such thing as big boned and I don't even want to think about your poor skeleton having to support of that "little excess"
2. There's the reason your fat!

I personally LOVE food, steaks, lamb, chicken, chips, salad with mayo... absolutely love it!

But I hit the gym and I don't pig out on stuff I know will get me fat!

I will eat Macca's maybe once every 2-3months and for like the next 2 days after having it I eat light meals so my body can burn off the fat from the Macca's.

Seriously, this is just another example of:

1. PC rubbish. People see me and point out I'm tall so why can't I point out that people are fat? I'm not being offensive, I'm just making an observation.

2. Research been doing into giving fatties and excuse rather that that money being spent on restricting fatties from eating fatty food. At every fast food place they should have a scale in the floor as you walk in and a laser level or something. Is can measure the height and weight of the customer and if they are too fat then no mcnuggets for you!

It's called self control people! Last paragraph of the article is about as close to the truth as that article gets.

Bremsoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore
I agree to an extent, yes it is their fault they are fat but food can be an addiction much the same as alchohol and cigarettes some people have the will power to break the hold of this addiction and some don't.

For me I blame the manufactures of these shitty foods who purposefully add into the food addictive and unnatural ingredients just as much as I blame the overweight person.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
People have different metabolisms. Its weak as piss for most people to fall back on a medical condition as an excuse - just about every obese person I know that doesn't exercise does this

But its up to the individual to watch what they eat - no point blaming food or take away places. They don't have anybody to blame really but themselves.

Our secretary had lap band surgery - she is back into the cokes and chips within a year.

Putting the fork down and doing moderate exercise would do her wonders.

I do accept some people genuinely have medical conditions that attribute to this, but too many people like to adopt it as an excuse.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Jester, my weight gain was due to a medical issue caused when one is very fit only to not be able to do anything. Metabolism stalled.

Took medication, metabolism kick started and have since lost almost 50kg. No amount of exercise or good eating would cease the weight gain until I had these meds.

This said, I dare say this sort of case would probably make up .1% of the obese population.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yep, I agree there is no point blaming fast food outlets.

People have a choice in what they eat and since each persons metabolism is different, they should eat in a manner that doesn't exceed what their body can handle.

And yeah, there are people who due to medical condition may have a weight issue and legitimately stuggle with it.

Though in my opinion, those people would make up about 1% of the 30% of obese people in the case of the US.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
1. stop eating crap
2. don't eat when your not hungry
2. exercise

Really isn't that hard, I've had addictions to alcohol and fatty food, and i was able to give them up. If it's to hard to give it up on the spot slowly ween yourself off it by taking less of it every time. Then cut down on the days you have it. When i see a fat person the first thing that i think is "this person has no self respect".

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I agree.

I'm somewhat lucky in that I can eat what ever the hell I like and I put on very little weight, That's just my natural metabolism.
But seriously, if you can't do that then don't!
It doesn't even take much effort to go for a 20min walk everyday, which is all it would take if you weren't a moogajub to start with.

Go back 50yrs and see how many fatties there were. More manual labour and "take away" was a weekly treat not lunch everyday. (Mainly because the **** was too expensive but thats not the point!)

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Its actually quite easy to pack on the lard. People just have to realise that whatever they stuff into their gob has to be burnt off.

I used to be able to eat as much rubbish as I wanted and not put on weight - but I did a lot of exercise during the week working underground and mountain biking. Coming from an italian/german family we learnt to eat like horses.

But getting a desk job, and not exercising caused my weight to blow out by 10 kgs within a year.

Simple fix - half portion intake and go walking everyday and I'm back to my normal weight range in no time.

I'm 171 cms tall and usually hover between 65-70kg's.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I'm 181cm and 86kg at the moment.

Its really easy to not over eat. Don't eat until your hungry. So many people look at the time and say "Oh its 12:00, time to eat" never mind that you're arse is numb from doing nothing all day, your body doesn't need more energy, It will tell you when it does.

From an Italian family as well, So totally understand where you're coming from with the MASSIVE meals :D
My fiancee has about 1/4 the meals we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.