Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Presentation and photos of my car in Brazil!

Last_Warrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
98/99 VT Ecotec 3.8 V6 automatic Green
Hi, my name is Marcio Gregolin, I live in Brazil (state of Minas Gerais, Uberlândia city) and I have an Chevrolet Omega CD 3.8 V6 98/99 auto green "verde capricórnio", I think that´s the model VT 3.8 V6 98/99, but you see the photos and help me identify the version is the same in the Australia!!

I am a Doctor or Physician (don´t know how do you call in Australia) and I spent my (few) free time with cars!!

I like classic rock music like AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Kiss, Metallica, and Blues music.

And I like Heineken lager and Indian Pale Ale beer and smoke narguile, and I like big cars!

Well what can I say about the car? It´s fantastic! See the pictures how an 16 year-old car can withstand time! It crossed the sea, spent 10 years on the coast (it´s from Rio de Janeiro) and there ar NO rust spots!! The paint is perfect!

I try to replace parts with high quality parts, like Michelin tyres, Gates, Bosch, good quality oil and filters....

Today it has about 120.000 km.

I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
That my friend is a VT Commodore Series 2, the interior looks like the version we know as the Belina ('lectric windows, Daytime running lights in the front lip, fake chrome, fake wood etc).

Good Car. I have one :)

Last_Warrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks!

The photos were in city of Gurupi, state of Tocantins, my old residence.

I know the Brazilian peaple ar the two extreme of education an knowldege, the most peaple in my country are rude and dishonest, but there are a lot of peaple honest and well educated.

Thanks help identify the correct model.

I like very much my car and I don´t sell it for nothing!!

Cheers!

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Hey Marcio that's a very nice car. Looks in very good condition.
What are you doing up so late? It's about three o'clock in the morning over there in Uberlandia isn't it?

Last_Warrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks! Well at the moment I am drinking Heineken beer (but I´m not drunk!), I work every day, from Sunday to sunday, ant today is my free day!! Cheers!

Oh and I like to say that I am a big fan of the australian pilot F1 Daniel Ricciardo, he is a great pilot better than Sebastian Vettel!

Last edited:

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Sounds like you deserve a coldie! Enjoy. Cheers.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Welcome to JC

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
how odd does it look seeing the steering wheel on that side haha

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
That my friend is a VT Commodore Series 2, the interior looks like the version we know as the Belina ('lectric windows, Daytime running lights in the front lip, fake chrome, fake wood etc).

No it's not.

It's a Series 1 (orange indicator lights, series 2 had clear with orange bulb) Calais. Berlina doesn't have the driving/fog lights or the two tone lower grey moulding.

So the full model name is 1998/1999 (depending on which year it was built - there was no MY designation back then) Holden VT Calais (Series 1). Based on the Holden VT Commodore (Series 1).