Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New tires

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Looks like i need some new tires. What are some long wearing tires for $150 and under. Im after 17inch.

Second problem is i only need to change the tires on the left side. The story behind it is when my car got stolen, the right rear was worn from burnouts and had to get a new one. I put the new one on the right front, and the right front on the right rear. so they both have some tread left. But the left side have worn out to the wear line.

Anyways what i wanted to do was try a different brand of tire. I wanted to put 2 new tires on the front. so i want the front right tire on the left rear and a new tire on the front right, if any of this makes sense. ( i want the same brand tire on the one axle)

Would they change my tire from the front right rim to the back left rim? if so how much would they charge for that. Tires i have now are directional so cant just change the right rim over the the left.

Edit: just realized i posted this in the pub. Might want to move it to general if you want.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
um, dont know if you will get anything "good" for under 150, ide aim for maxxis, ive got the MA-V1, i think thats the cut, i have them on my car, they cost 198 each, their a good tyre. if your after just crap for the rear, ive got these **** tyres called talon, made by this **** triangle brand, cheap and nasty, 90 each.

they usually charge like $10 for a rotate on the rim i think.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
yeah u wont get nething thats under 150 man not in 17s thats worth even considering 2 touch tar, if u want a base tyre ur gonna have 2 expand ur budget 2 at least 200 even then u should expand it even further.

and u can do wateva u want 2 do with ur tyres just tell the tyre fitter wat u want done they have 2 do it its their job shouldnt charge u much 4 that if at all

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have got the maxxis MA-V1 at the moment. came with my wheel and tire package, and when i had to buy the new one it costed $149. i think it was on sale. They are the only tire i have tried so i cant really compare them to anything. How many Ks should i get out of a set of tires? I got about 20000km out of mine. I was expecting more. Whats a good tire for about $200 then? I just want mainly long lasting.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I've got one word for you. KUMHO! :thumbsup: They're the KU19 in 235/45/17 and I haggled them down to $172 each fitted and ballanced. This is the second time I've owned Kumho and both times very happy. You can get 17's for around $125 but they are a waste of money. I know first hand. Avoid Falkens like the plague and any no name brands.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
Kumhos are great especially getting them at whole sale price :)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
u should b gettin 40000kms out of 17s and thats not drivin like a granny either

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
u should b gettin 40000kms out of 17s and thats not drivin like a granny either

Well i have only got around 20000km. i drive it pretty hard but. the left front is seaming to wear pretty fast. but for some reason i like to take right hand corners faster haha. Maybe i need a wheel alignment. i got one about 1.5years ago. would it be time for another? My car still drives in a straight line and everythin so i dono.

I will have to look into getting kumho tires i think

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've got one word for you. KUMHO! :thumbsup: They're the KU19 in 235/45/17 and I haggled them down to $172 each fitted and ballanced. This is the second time I've owned Kumho and both times very happy. You can get 17's for around $125 but they are a waste of money. I know first hand. Avoid Falkens like the plague and any no name brands.

So would the KU19 in 235/45/17 be the best buy for the price in the kumhos? or are there other kumhos that are also good.