Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unusual pets

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just wondering if anyone has any unusual pets? I just recently got myself a southern rock scorpion (Urodacus manicatus).

100_3391.jpg

100_3392.jpg

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Some sort of centipede (forget the name, but it's very poisonous so it stays locked up :p) and a few snakes

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
weirdest we've had was a bunch of axelotls.
also a goldfish with those bugged out eyes, he was too stupid to figure out how to eat and died a week later from starvation. we named him matt damon
damon_team_america.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I've got a pet wild rat that lives at the back door :) he hides amoung the pot plant pots and thinks he's invisible but he's there most days, he seems to enjoy the shower when I water them

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Levy, go into mornington, go to the pet shop just behind the central, and talk to Gav or Alayna... tell them i sent u for things. they'll fix u up. (no perving on alayna either)

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
I've got a pet wild rat that lives at the back door :) he hides amoung the pot plant pots and thinks he's invisible but he's there most days, he seems to enjoy the shower when I water them

still got wookiee? chuck some pics up, that guy was gigantic iirc

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
when my fish passes away i am going to convert the tank into a tarantula enclosure! they look fun to have as a pet, the only problem is that i don't know where to buy crickets or other live insects for them to eat yet
Almost any pet shop that sells reptiles or scorps/tarantula's will have them. Plenty of forums about explaining how to breed your own crickets, I'm going to give it ago save buying them.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8

You realise it's not a plan yes :p lol. do you feed it? or does it just sit there?

My nan/pop over about 4 years have fed wild King Parrots and Kookaburras and can now hold them and have them feeding off your hand. Went up there for christmas and I had 3 wild King Parrots around me eating out of my hand :yeah:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
(no perving on alayna either)

Pics or Ban!

I had a few lizards when I was younger, but that's not really too uncommon. A mate has had scorpions and dirt devils and stuff.

Get a lobster!