Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS-V Green Trim Sportwagon

General Information

Holden VF SS-V Green sill , Green HSV mag , Green SS badge 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Green sill , Green HSV mag 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Green sill and bumper trim , Green X Force 3' tips 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Green sill and bumper trim ,Green X Force 3' tips 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Green sill and bumper trim ,Green X Force 3' tips, Green diffuser 1.jpg
Green HSV Mag 1.jpg
Green HSV mags ,wheels and Brembo brakes , green indicator 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Series 2 front bumper Green trim 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Series 2 front bumper Green trim and daylight driving light 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Series 2 Green HSV wheels, Green trim 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Series 2 Green HSV wheels, Green trim, Green Brembos 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Series 2 Magnuson Supercharger ,  front bumper Green trim 1.jpg
Holden VF SS-V Series 2 Magnuson Supercharger 1.jpg
Magnuson Super Charger 2300 1.jpg
VF SS-V Series 2 Sportwagon , Green HSV wheels , Green Brembo brakes ,Green trim   , 1.jpg
VF SS-V Series 2, Green HSV wheels   Green Daylight Driving light 1.jpg
Green 6 pot Brembo Brakes DBA 370mm rotors and Tein coilover(2).jpg
Green 4 pot Brembo Brakes DBA 360mm rotors and Tein coilover 1.jpg
Hi , I came on the site about a year ago for some advice on upgrading my car , thanx for all the advice given and eventually I finished ,so I thought I'd show it off .

Latest reviews

Sweet ride.
Reactions: kleanphil
That colour green just works so well. I don't think any other would have worked. Beauty!
Reactions: kleanphil

Comments

Looks great there will only be one of these on the road I think that's what makes it so good

Hi guys , thanx for the comments .
I definitely wanted it to look original , I sorta put it on the line using the green but it paid off I think .
@XcIt3d glad you think it looks "sic" which is better than the comment I over heard leaving Supercheap who thought the wheels looked like "spew" lol

It looks to me like it's the vehicular equivalent of Bruce Banner trying to hold back immense power! "Don't make me angry."

Have a VE 2011 SSV SERIES11
Commodore sedan, same colour as your rims and trim, of you don't mind my asking where did you get your rims and how much were they, would love a set

Hi Hulk , The colour of the trim is Synergy Green , I'm not exactly sure what colour the rims are but this was the closest match that was found , I had the rims painted by Fix my Rim on the Gold Coast at around $220 per rim , I never got around to asking what colour they eventually used but I think I got close enough with the trim . It turned out to be quite an expensive exercise as I ended up buying a full set of rims so that I could get a spare to have sprayed to match the rest and sell the rest off separately but I still have 2 rears to sell lol don't suppose you want to buy em :(:D

I like it! Then again I love anything green haha. Just got my spitfire redline although the site won't let me load photos at this point for some reason :cool: Rims and brakes look awesome. :D

i have an opinion sorry its horrible, nothing great about it, why people think newish looking cars with a bit of green trim and a set of mags is appealing to anyone baffles me, i would rather see people put lots of work into old classics than this sort of obvious brainless stuff which has no artistic point of view , effort or anything and a car like this shows a real lack of any mechanical aptitude at all, coilovers are one of the worst modifications you can do to a car, they are not designed for australian roads they are for a race track and they are an inefficient type of strut, i know you want everyone to say nice things to you and agree with the car you have, however you also have to be able to handle the critics

Hi Mookie , I absolutely agree with you , my objective was to make the car individual and not to look like the 200.000 others out there , but using green , orange or any other colour as high lights is absolutely subjective and ive had plenty of critics .Yes there was little imagination , basic idea was to make all the crappy chrome green . I really don't think the guys who have commented felt compelled the say they liked it if they didn't .
As far as the coil overs I agree to a point again . They are a hard ride but on some winding mountain roads there great , they are fully adjustable , when I have some time i'll play around with them , I do wish I had some good advice on this at the time but opinions were really mixed which made it hard to make a good decision .
The brakes on the other hand I think were one of the better decisions I made as well as the 3" system .
Now , as far as the supercharger , I have very mixed feelings about that . When you put your foot down and the revs are up it does go, but it doesn't run right in general driving , ive had it retuned once and they agreed the original tune was **** but even now its ordinary , you would think that $15.000 later they could make it run correctly .
As far as old classics I once rebuilt a HK panel van and put a rear seat from a HK Station wagon (same floor pan) and put a side door in it (passenger side), I put a 5 speed supra box in it . I wish I had photos , but back then I was about another $10.000 or so short of making it a truly great conversion and once again the objective was to make it original , it was still an old dog .

And before anyone say's anything , I do think I went a bit over the top doing the tips green , I will have to have a think about that one :)

@ Mookie , I would be interested to know how you would have made this car look individual .

Hi Mookie , I absolutely agree with you , my objective was to make the car individual and not to look like the 200.000 others out there , but using green , orange or any other colour as high lights is absolutely subjective and ive had plenty of critics .Yes there was little imagination , basic idea was to make all the crappy chrome green . I really don't think the guys who have commented felt compelled the say they liked it if they didn't .
As far as the coil overs I agree to a point again . They are a hard ride but on some winding mountain roads there great , they are fully adjustable , when I have some time i'll play around with them , I do wish I had some good advice on this at the time but opinions were really mixed which made it hard to make a good decision .
The brakes on the other hand I think were one of the better decisions I made as well as the 3" system .
Now , as far as the supercharger , I have very mixed feelings about that . When you put your foot down and the revs are up it does go, but it doesn't run right in general driving , ive had it retuned once and they agreed the original tune was **** but even now its ordinary , you would think that $15.000 later they could make it run correctly .
As far as old classics I once rebuilt a HK panel van and put a rear seat from a HK Station wagon (same floor pan) and put a side door in it (passenger side), I put a 5 speed supra box in it . I wish I had photos , but back then I was about another $10.000 or so short of making it a truly great conversion and once again the objective was to make it original , it was still an old dog .

And before anyone say's anything , I do think I went a bit over the top doing the tips green , I will have to have a think about that one :)

@ Mookie , I would be interested to know how you would have made this car look individual .
I was looking at clear tail lights follow the link https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Crystal-Clear-LED-Tail-lights-for-Holden-Commodore-VE-VF-5-doors-Wagon/173104410992?hash=item284dd3b170:g:rroAAOSw3EVaXuWt

unsure as well what type of bonnet you have , you can get some pretty good aftermarket bonnets with nice air flow scoops which would keep the supercharger running cooler and it could be one thing why the supercharger is running in-efficiently ,, and fiberglass cutting down weight

I would also like to add to Mookies comments further without sounding too defensive .

Firstly any modification to any brand new $53.000 car is going to be expensive due to the majority of rip off mechanics and so called spray painters i.e s___ty tunes , broken bumper chrome that they bodgied up after it was sprayed and rubbers covered in paint that I was left to clean and also powder coating in places it shouldn't be , broken parts on the exhaust and broken sensors during the install of these parts .

If anyone thinks that modding their car is a cheap and easy exercise needs to be aware of the difficulty and the cost .

Apart from the time your left without a vehicle while these mods take place when you need it for work makes it very difficult .

A big consideration when choosing what to do was reversibility of the process , there fore just painting the trim was the best option . I had considered putting H.S.V bumpers and such , but apart from it not being a H.S.V that exercise was equally as expensive .

Just painting the trim was the , yes , least imaginative , but also the cheapest to reverse if I didn't like the out come , with the ability to sell the trim also .

The badges were another thing altogether ,. it took me weeks to paint them when no so called professional painters would even attempt them . Also relatively cheap to replace .

Now the colour I used may have been a throw back to my younger days when I rode Kawasaki dirt bikes . The images may not reflect it but the colour of the car does have a hint of green so it made sense to use a green . The wheels were painted first and the rest had to follow that .

I spent $35.000 plus on top of the $53.000 it cost me new to finish up with the car I have now , and even though maybe not perfect , I'm happy with it :)

Remember , the point of the exercise was to make it mine

also get rid of the rear wiper, flatten out the back door, rear bumper removal to be replaced with a bumper that can house the number plate down low that way you can panel beat the rear hatch smooth it down, pop in some solenoids for auto popping door instead of a catch

I know green must be the cololur you want not my cup of tea however thats personal choice, , thanks for handling constructive critiscm, the holden logo on the front vent i would remove make a necklace sell it to some hippys LOL, then redesign the vent with some nicer race mesh of the design that seem good, that holden logo is way too massive and intrusive it would look sexier without it, all comes down to money as well and has to be realistic always to the budgets that you have

and finally i was just looking at the car i know green is the colour you like however if thats what you like i can see the car standing out from whole front bumper in that green with the , whole rear bumper in that green and side skirts green, have a good look i can see that

Hi Mookie , I did look at those taillight but I was happy with the green highlight on the indicators/reverse lights i had done , as it was original , until the cops made me take them off . I sorta find the after market lights a cheap addition. We have had an after thought to paint the reflector inside the light instead of the transparent green vinyl that was on there .

As far as a bonnet , yesss , if I could put a VE H.S.V bonnet and bumper on I would be all over it . I will still consider a fluted bonnet but as the supercharger does have OTR intake I don't think that is the issue with the way it runs and being a Sportwagon , I don't think the weight is an issue . I am still considering it but I have to draw a line some where .

Maybe later :)

I would also like to add to Mookies comments further without sounding too defensive .

Firstly any modification to any brand new $53.000 car is going to be expensive due to the majority of rip off mechanics and so called spray painters i.e s___ty tunes , broken bumper chrome that they bodgied up after it was sprayed and rubbers covered in paint that I was left to clean and also powder coating in places it shouldn't be , broken parts on the exhaust and broken sensors during the install of these parts .

If anyone thinks that modding their car is a cheap and easy exercise needs to be aware of the difficulty and the cost .

Apart from the time your left without a vehicle while these mods take place when you need it for work makes it very difficult .

A big consideration when choosing what to do was reversibility of the process , there fore just painting the trim was the best option . I had considered putting H.S.V bumpers and such , but apart from it not being a H.S.V that exercise was equally as expensive .

Just painting the trim was the , yes , least imaginative , but also the cheapest to reverse if I didn't like the out come , with the ability to sell the trim also .

The badges were another thing altogether ,. it took me weeks to paint them when no so called professional painters would even attempt them . Also relatively cheap to replace .

Now the colour I used may have been a throw back to my younger days when I rode Kawasaki dirt bikes . The images may not reflect it but the colour of the car does have a hint of green so it made sense to use a green . The wheels were painted first and the rest had to follow that .

I spent $35.000 plus on top of the $53.000 it cost me new to finish up with the car I have now , and even though maybe not perfect , I'm happy with it :)

i am one of those automotive technician , mechanics that is what i do, i am very good at what i do, yet very poor because i work for free a lot of the time or for next to nothing, not all of them are rip off artists, hard for me to explain cars cost a lot of money i have lots of friends in the trade i drive a VS commodore i have not got the money you have obviously my car is worth maybe $2,000, my total assets are $14,000

what is the profession that you do, because talking of how mechanics are rip off artists when lots of them struggle and grapple with costs is not a nice thing to hear, so tell us the proffesion you have so we can as well decide how to judge that ?

Hi , firstly my apologies to all mechanics , spray painters and panel beaters that I may have offended as I'm sure there are some good ones out there .
To answer your question I am a bricklayer , and I tell you right now 80% of bricklayers out there are cr_p and I make no apologies for that .
To afford this car I don't have a missus I have no kids no pets and I don't go out to pubs , clubs and or coffee shops .I stay at home drinking my $15 a week coopers lager home brew . I no longer smoke anything which is a big saving .
For the last 4 years ive slogged it out every available work day and weekend in rain hail and 100 degree sun shine .
I even developed an allergy to cement where I now have to wear 3 sets of gloves long sleeve shirt and long pants out in 30 degree plus days , probly caused by the stress of paying for this car and I still owe $10.000 or so on it .

My only assets are a tv , my pc , assorted hand tools collected over the last 30 years and my homebrew setup and just enough money in the bank for my next car payment .

I wont list all the bad experiences I have had because no body likes reading long posts :)

Hi Subju , thanx for your comments .
I will give you a run down so be ready for a big post .

Interior and exterior accessory's .

Bonnet Protector $74
Weather Shield's $89
Head Light Protectors $90 . Broken by the panel beaters when sent in for an insurance repair .
Cargo Mat $125
Dash Mat $62
Neoprene F/R Seat Covers $530
Window Tint $200 . Cant remember exactly but was reasonably cheap .
Number Plates $1500 . Saved $900 by using numbers for H00 .
Indicator Fender Vents 'Black' $60
Thinkware f770 dual channel Dashcams x 2 $1200 . Front / Rear and side surveillance . Have been hit 5 times .
Micro Memory 128g x 2 $180
Dashcam Battery Pack $285
Daschcan Battery Expansion $249
Interior , Number Plate and Park Lights LED's 'Green' $20
Green Driving ,Indicator Lights $100 . Cops made me remove , but I left the driving lights , f'em .
Paddle Shift Steering Wheel $452 .
Paddle Shift software $80
Sports Armour $250 . Now has splits in it thanx to panel beaters trying to remove it for an insurance repair .

TOTAL $5546

Suspension , Brakes , Wheels .

Tein Coil Overs $3645
Brembo 6 Pot/4 Pot Brakes $3000 . Cant remember exactly cos I changed discs outa this kit for DBA .Originally red .
DBA Front 370 Rear 360 Disks $1281
Braided Brake Lines $168
HSV Wheels $1750 . Originally all black .
Buying the Spare $900 . I bought a set for $1200 , sold 1 front , still have 2 rear for sale .
Super Pro Sway Bars $486
Install Susp/Brakes $350

TOTAL $11580

Item information

Added by
kleanphil
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 4 ratings