Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Commodore

General Information

I bought this Car in 2015 when i was on my L's. It is an 2002 VX s2 Commodore executive auto.
This is what it Looked like when i first bought it
Lemmy 3.jpg

17626150_280088825751321_1295555351742788961_n.jpg

In 2017 A friend of mine had an accident in a 2000 VX berlina wagon. Which i then bought for $300 and Stripped of its interior and swapped its rims into my car. The headlights were trash so i bought some knock off SS headlights.
20664803_338990939861109_963081445918143055_n.jpg
20768253_338991079861095_6389988781445391460_n.jpg

21272548_347506562342880_6481871490998505745_n.jpg

Before interior swap
21272459_347945772298959_3337266925226336715_n.jpg

After

At the end of 2017 a Friend sent me an add for free VT/VX parts on facebook. So i investigated and ended up with full VT SS interior, Monaro bar and Monaro headlights, rear doors and more. however do not have access to the pictures of that stuff at this time. have sent the bar to be painted and finally put it on about about a week ago. here are the results. I also put back my original dash back in and mixed the VT SS interior with VX s2 door cards. once i have %100 finished will post pictures of it. As i am missing a few pieces.
Lemmy 1.jpg
IMG_0424[1].jpg

I Recently Acquired A boot and spoiler and a rear boot garnish for a VX Berlina.
I decided to go for the VX berlina Garnish Because it was so much cheaper then getting Monaro Tail lights. The Garnish has a Crack and i had to paint it to match my car. Which i didn't do the best job. Will redo it when the weather gets better. May end up going for the Monaro Tails Lights later on.

lemmy002.jpg

Lemmy003.jpg

lemmy004.jpg

I have removed the side mouldings which was a bitch and debadged the hood (which i will need to get the holes welded.) and front guards.

lemmy222.jpg

I also have put blue led's into the instrument cluster. Look's alright except for me stuffing the tacho. when i send it off to get fixed eventually i will probably get them to add a few extra led's to make it light up a little more even.

lemmy 223.jpg

Future Plans for this Car
Venetians because
Dual Exhaust of some kind. don't want it loud because it's only a 6 but also don't want it to sound like a vacuum Cleaner.
VT SS/S pack rear bar.
SS rims maybe VY SS, VX SS or maybe some VE SS rims not to sure what ever i can Get cheap.
Window Tints.
Paint the Mirrors White.
I am thinking of painting the roof black as there is a little bit of rust on the roof and i think a black roof would look pretty good. as seen on other peoples cars
And i may end up lowering it alittle as i have been given some front lowering springs. not 100% sure if want to.

Latest reviews

Keep at it :)

Comments

Nice.
I remember being young and wanting to do everything. Just keep it all in perspective ok, it's a car that is never going to be valuable in $ terms.

Now. please tell, are the fog lights active or just for show, ie are they wired and working, did you have to do mods to electrics?

Nice.
I remember being young and wanting to do everything. Just keep it all in perspective ok, it's a car that is never going to be valuable in $ terms.

Now. please tell, are the fog lights active or just for show, ie are they wired and working, did you have to do mods to electrics?
At the Moment the fog lights are for show however i will be wiring them up in the future. I have no clue if i have to mod the electrics or not but i'm gonna try and get a factory loom and switch just to try and keep it factory. As far money wise i'm going as cheap as possible the only reason i have a Monaro front end is it was very cheap. But i plan of keeping the car for a long time. As it is a good car.

I like the Monaro ( VT shape ) lights better than the VX. VT lines are classic.
I prefer the VT Headlights over the VX ones also however i dislike the VT tail lights Greatly. VT's Look great would love an VT SS one day. il just have to swap the Tail Lights for VX ones.

Its nice man, i really like the monaro bumper, gives it a really nice look. Maybe try look for a cheap polisher for your car. I use this thing called turtle wax dry spray wax you can buy it from supercheap auto. Its not as intense as a full cut and polish but after you wash your car right, all you do is leave the car wet after you have washed it then you spray the bottle over each panel on the car and rub it in with a microfibre towel and finish drying off the car. it gives the car a really great little shine and it doesnt require much effort at all and a good budget way to make your car look good without going to full cut and polish way. Its only 17 dollars from supercheap auto. But yeah man it's looking nice

Its nice man, i really like the monaro bumper, gives it a really nice look. Maybe try look for a cheap polisher for your car. I use this thing called turtle wax dry spray wax you can buy it from supercheap auto. Its not as intense as a full cut and polish but after you wash your car right, all you do is leave the car wet after you have washed it then you spray the bottle over each panel on the car and rub it in with a microfibre towel and finish drying off the car. it gives the car a really great little shine and it doesnt require much effort at all and a good budget way to make your car look good without going to full cut and polish way. Its only 17 dollars from supercheap auto. But yeah man it's looking nice
Thank's. I Will Have to try this next time i wash my Car.

Looks good and good luck with the rest of your plans :)

Just FYI tho the side moulds are glued on (I’d suggest painting them white rather than removing) as a panel beater I don’t recommend you remove them unless you can repaint where they’ve been (usually on odd occasions they can come off good, but it takes a bit of work and can easily go wrong)

And also the bonnet badge has holes behind it if you remove it :)

Hope that’s all helpful and goodluck

Looks good and good luck with the rest of your plans :)

Just FYI tho the side moulds are glued on (I’d suggest painting them white rather than removing) as a panel beater I don’t recommend you remove them unless you can repaint where they’ve been (usually on odd occasions they can come off good, but it takes a bit of work and can easily go wrong)

And also the bonnet badge has holes behind it if you remove it :)

Hope that’s all helpful and goodluck
Thanks for the advice.

Hi guy
I have a question to ask you ... I live in the New South Wells and I would like to put the xenon light on my commodore .. does anyone know if it's legal?

Hi guy
I have a question to ask you ... I live in the New South Wells and I would like to put the xenon light on my commodore .. does anyone know if it's legal?
I sadly do not have the infomation you seek. i don't even know the laws on xenons in my own state being vic. i hope find out the infomation you require soon.

Item information

Added by
Limagod66
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Holden