Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Holden SSV

General Information

garage_vehicle-3655-14772862621.jpg garage_vehicle-3655-14777220802.jpg
garage_vehicle-3655-14777220843.jpg garage_vehicle-3655-14777220864.jpg
garage_vehicle-3655-14777220895.jpg IMG_20181111_080630[1].jpg Slowly creeping up
Drivers Monsoon.jpg Passenger Monsoon.jpg New Slimline Monsoons
IMG_20170812_131349.jpg Wiring.jpg Bi-Modal Controller
VF2Mufflers.jpg Bi-Modal Mufflers BaillieTips.jpg Baillie Tips
garage_vehicle-3655-14777220781.jpg Original Airbox IMG_20181005_173855.jpg Newest Addition to the Lady
870575298.jpg
Now not to be installed 2016 VF GTS Exhaust wasted my $$ as is exact same setup as my factory exhaust
holden3.png
Gonna go with XForce 7 series 2.5inch Unpolished 409 S/S now and mate them up with my Bi-modals

Sunday 31st March 2019 - Mission on
Old Exhaust.jpg Out with the Old..
R8 headers_1.jpg R8 Headers_2.jpg
867444681.jpg
In with the R8 VFII 340Kw headers & Cats
XForce 2.5" system.. 4" Tips
Xforce1.jpg Xforce2.jpg
Xforce3.jpg Xforce-Stubbie-Holder.jpg
Holds a stubbie of Steinlager Classic just nice :)

GaugePod.jpg Gauge Rear.jpg Next mission.
E1 GTS triple gauge pod.
ModuleHarness.jpg New Module Harness.
Gharness.jpg Retrofit Vehicle to Module Harness.
GaugeHarness.jpg New Triple Gauge Harness.
E1 Cluster.jpg And then this E1 GTS cluster.
SteeringWheel.jpg
These bad boys.

2006 Holden SSV

Comments

Have since then installed my Xforce 7 series 2.5" unpolished catback. Sounds good to me, hopefully it will deepen in tone as it soots up.
Flashed in an Oztrack tune and logging for improvements and fine tuning. All I can say really, is that she is a completely different beast to drive now and how she should have been from birth.

I changed my ve from 3" to vf gts which is 2 1/2. The 3" droned to much for me. Along the way I bought by mistake a standard exhaust. It was 2 1/4. The standard exhaust is 2 1/4. Perhaps someone had already changed yours.

I changed my ve from 3" to vf gts which is 2 1/2. The 3" droned to much for me. Along the way I bought by mistake a standard exhaust. It was 2 1/4. The standard exhaust is 2 1/4. Perhaps someone had already changed yours.
Exhaust on the car was factory, it was the aftermarket coby rear cans that were installed that created the drone.
When i bought the VF GTS exhaust the dude measured the OD where the catback flare mounts to the rear of the cats and gave me that measurement, which is 2 1/2" , however the rest of the pipework is 2 1/4" from that point rearwards.

I checked mine when I bought it and it is definitely 2 1/2 inch throughout. I made sure of this as someone at home wasn't very happy with me having already bought a wrong one previously.

Yep, i know what you mean. My significant other wasn't too pleased with that purchase either. Dug myself a grave by saying it was just like her going to the hairdressers and paying the same money for a hairdo that she thought might look good but didn't turn out how she thought.

Keen for more details on the bi-modal setup.

Functionality, sound, effectiveness etc.

Just as a tip mate should paint your engine cover blue where the grey bits are really sets them off, done the same my ssv although it’s orange

Just as a tip mate should paint your engine cover blue where the grey bits are really sets them off, done the same my ssv although it’s orange
I have since those photos were taken removed the cover from the engine and put into storage.
I felt as though they weren't allowing the engine to radiate heat off properly and were acting as huge heat soaks.
I will have plenty of time to prep them for paint and paint them and yes i agree they would look sweet painted blue.

Item information

Added by
rucxy
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Holden