Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 VS S v8 ute

General Information

Owned ute for around 5 years now, had the wheels, resprayed front, new headliner and exhaust already done when i got it, I scored a canopy for it real cheap which I use for surf missions/camping but its heavy as so much better with it off.
Recently had to replace fuel pump, and replaced ignition system- dizzy, coil(relocated to firewall), ignition module.
Due for a wof at the moment so gave it a treat with a good clean up and tidying up a few small things, removed the canopy and the alloy nudge bar/parking sensor which i reckon improves it muchly.

Latest reviews

Comments

nice pick up.. ive just joined the club myself last week picking up a VS ute with a 5 speed & 5 litre .. I was wondering if getting a canopy for it would be a good idea but I think you have just answered my question

nice pick up.. ive just joined the club myself last week picking up a VS ute with a 5 speed & 5 litre .. I was wondering if getting a canopy for it would be a good idea but I think you have just answered my question
If you can find a hard lid thats the go. I can get mine off by myself in a few minutes. Good luck with it.

I sussed an easy fix for getting canopy on & off by myself-scored a big pellet that a steel delivery came on at work & found where I’d stashed 4 heavy duty big castor wheels that were in the shed when i bought my house. Bolted em onto pellet, canopy sits on there with the front half hanging off so i can roll it right up to the ute & lift front end up onto ute, then just lift back of it up & slide it on.

got a couple of planks I screwed onto the brackets that go into quick release clamps on wellside at the right width so I don’t have to worry bout it spreading out & falling off the sides while lifting the back & sliding it on which gouges up the paint good.

Then just take the boards out, pop down the clamps and finish my vb’s before they go hot in the sun.
Takes 10min now with minimal effort instead of over an hour or so and a week recovering from ruining your back lifting the thing up.
Having it sitting on the pallet n wheels makes it easy to stash away when its off 2- just roll it around to a good spot out of the way instead of staggering round to the nearest spot thats not a walkway.

it’s a handy thing to have on there to open up the tailgate for shelter when you get out the water from a mid winter surf & the southerly’s blasting straight off the ranges and the rain feels like someone is spraying ice at u while you’re taking forever to get ya wettie off with numb hands.

Tomorrow morning im gonna get all that printed & bound then publish a novel

Item information

Added by
El_mackerel
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Holden