Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 work in progress vehicles (VS-VX)

General Information

121.jpg
122.jpg

**Also looking for people in NZ to discuss holden project cars with.**

3.8 VS Commodore Berlina
Fixed:
-rear brakes
-left tail light
-reverse lights
-radiator
-intake
(edit 26/6/20)
-radiator again
-thermostat
-top radiator hose
-radio wiring and shotty battery wiring
-removed interior carpet (mouldy and ashy)
-ignition coils (waste spark)

To do list:
-new interior
-rear 3 point spoiler (old one was stolen) edit: hard to find so might get aftermarket
-rear bumper fix
-front bumper fix
-removal of fake hsv decal
-transmission change
-rewiring for majority of vehicle
-new harmonic balancer (might put on supercharger from other VS model)
-ecu adjustments (aftermarket)
-paintjob (might go with a dark metallic red (keeping red for less paperwork with insurance and registration))
-new exhaust edit: w/resonator
(edit 26/6/20)
-secondary battery to install (already got SBI, 24k gold plated terminals, battery wire (8GA and 4GA) and some wire grommets coming in with my carbon fibre for a seal box for the SBI (new photo on here))
-new red and black silicone hoses left over from my friend's project cars
-new driver door (current has manual winding windows)
-paint strip and spray
-head gasket replace
-spark plugs
-ignition leads
-under-hood lion paint job (got a professional lined up)
-diff change
-coil-overs (or other if given suggestions)

any suggestions please let me know. I'd love any input/advice on how to go about sprucing this one up as a performance vehicle.

Parts bought through 3 specific places, not sure if there's any sourcing rules so I might update later with part numbers and prices.

3.8 VX Commodore Acclaim
Fixed:
-brake lines
-received new brake callipers
-replaced rear bumper

Main needs:
-paint job
-brake disc rotors
-interior cleanup
-new wheels
-windshield washer pump
-boot hatch repairs
-alarm

any suggestions please let me know. This vehicle isn't my main priority as its not with me at this moment but any input/advice on sprucing this one up as a run-around vehicle would be much appreciated.
Reactions: VS_Pete

Comments

Remove decal with Prepsol! If it’s one of those raised Chrome dipped plastic badges or whatever then some fishing line and the missus hairdryer will do the trick! Just heat up the adhesive behind badge and then take fishing wire flush with the body of the vehicle and create a “sawing” motion back and forth until you get from one side of the badge to the other.
Clean any residue with prepsol or detergent!

hi i recently acquired a '98 VS Royale 2.5 ltr and it has lost all power when leaving an intersection several times, any thoughts would be a big help, thanks. your projects looking good!

Go an get them both Dino’d for a start an bring up the power about 80 to 100 rwkw an go from there.
You’ll love the difference in power that’s for sure.

Then maybe mess around with getting them lowered for a sportier drive feel.

Remove decal with Prepsol! If it’s one of those raised Chrome dipped plastic badges or whatever then some fishing line and the missus hairdryer will do the trick! Just heat up the adhesive behind badge and then take fishing wire flush with the body of the vehicle and create a “sawing” motion back and forth until you get from one side of the badge to the other.
Clean any residue with prepsol or detergent!
thanks for the heads up, I'll get right on stripping the whole car down soon as it seems the red is coming off (obviously the old owner didn't care for it much) and I'm getting paint mixed for it as we speak.

hi i recently acquired a '98 VS Royale 2.5 ltr and it has lost all power when leaving an intersection several times, any thoughts would be a big help, thanks. your projects looking good!
just recently I've been running into the same problem, I've looked around the forums and it seems it could be a number of things, I've got a bunch of new ignition components so I'll keep you posted on progress for that issue and I'll check with a couple different system flushes too.

Go an get them both Dino’d for a start an bring up the power about 80 to 100 rwkw an go from there.
You’ll love the difference in power that’s for sure.

Then maybe mess around with getting them lowered for a sportier drive feel.
true, thinking of coil-overs and I'm probably gonna get it Dino'd after changing my injectors so thanks for the suggestions.

Item information

Added by
Plat
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Holden