Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Acclaim V6 No supercharger or turbo or extra 2 cylinders or extra gear or extra pedal...

Average User Rating:
3/5,
  • OK, I lost in the divorce court but I got the Commodore. Have a look at that empty engine bay. Who isn't getting hard at the prospect of filling it will goodness? But... what kind of goodness? Once my priapism subsides I will be able to think more clearly. IMG_0796.JPG I have a 147,000 km L67 with a million gaskets and rubber hoses that need replacing. It's a 17 year old motor for heaven's sake. If it were a [fine whiskey], ok, 17 is good, but it's not a [fine whiskey], it's a mechanical gadget. And I'm looking at that engine bay like Michelangelo looked at the ceiling of the Sistene Chapel or that block of marble... I'm thinking of the potential. I have the full leather interior of a Calais, a 4L60E, the 3.07 LSD out of a VX, toe control links and IRS and a chassis that weighs less than 1500kg...
keith reed likes this.

Recent User Reviews

1. Scott Shaw
    3/5,
    "nice im trying to get me cheap ute"

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. zeropalooba
    The L67 and the getrag 5 speed are in. The wiring is done. The VT big brakes are done. Working on the console now.
  2. zeropalooba
    The back yard if full of parts. Two of everything (gearboxes, pedal boxes, looms, computers, tail shafts, consoles etc). It's like a kid's playground (if the kid is a grownup male). I'm going to replace the rear main seal before fitting up the Getrag. I'm tempted to skip the dowels but my obsessive streak might kick in before I do. The manual is supposed to have two dowels in the rear of the crankshaft that aren't there in the auto. Seems to be an easy job and I've got spare cranks to practice on. This weekend, the auto is coming out and going on eBay, so there will be no turning back.
  3. 55ams
    this sounds like a good build, hows it all going ??
  4. zeropalooba
    I finished the inlet manifold gasket at the weekend and I have decided to bite the bullet. The Getrag 5 speed is going in together with the L67.
  5. zeropalooba
    I've posted a couple of images of the corrosion around the lower inlet manifold where the coolant runs into it from the head and where an O ring seals against the supercharger. The thermostat housing, which is never serviced because you can't get to it, is being replaced, it's really that far gone. I guess all L67s have these issues by now. Little wonder people are throwing in a bit of extra cash for a newer and better supported LS motor.
  6. tml678
    "It's a 17 year old motor for heaven's sake. If it were a woman, ok, 17 is good, but it's not a woman"

Wow....

Guess your motor and 17 year old 'woman' have a couple of things in common though...Neither can vote or drink...
    1. zeropalooba
      I edited my post, I was a bit out of line ;-)
      zeropalooba, May 17, 2019