Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Trip computer functions

S

stew7700

Gday all, picked up my SV6 on wednesday night and have been fiddling with the trip computer functions. When you hold mode and set and turn the key on, sum of the functions u get are instrument temp.. :confused: and "switch voltage'.. does ne1 know what instruments that would be..eg behind the speedo and tacho or..instruments like the cd player etc.. and what switch they would be talkin bout with switch voltage cuz it has me confused haha :unsure: :)
And does anyone know of any otha functions u can get up otha than the basic ones?
thanks, stew

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Really other than voltage, temperature & rpm, I think the rest are pretty lame. I'd like an instantaneous Litres/100km, and few more fancy things in the normal computer screens as well. 99% of the time I have the speed or overall litres per 100km on the screen.

The seat voltages seem odd - anyone worked out that the hell they mean? Thy dont change with a person in the seat, the seat positions, or the seatbelt on or off.

MySV6

S

stew7700

yeah and ADC brake reading what the hell is that? and whats with havin the fuel parts used out of 255 lol. But yeah it needs some more things on the normal screen i think. btw i like your blue dash mate looks good.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its all diagnostic information, no real use to you because as you said you dont know what its all about.lol

Rob

destorman

De'Storman
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 SV6 Manual (Impulse Blue)
Doctor Bob said:
its all diagnostic information, no real use to you because as you said you dont know what its all about.lol

Rob

ok, so what does it mean? :b:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I will post it all in a couple of hours

Rob

destorman

De'Storman
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 SV6 Manual (Impulse Blue)
Doctor Bob said:

Rob

Cool ... while you are at it ... correct me if I'm wrong, but, the accelerator pedal is linked to the engine in the VZ SV6 via a 'electronic' method and not a cable ... does this mean the computer controls the acceleration rate?

I am finding that regardless of the pressure to the pedal the acceleration is still the same and 'controlled', albeit smooth and still with some force, but not to the 'grunt' I would have thought the 190kw beast would produce.

Also, can the 'traction control' be set via the computer chip? I am find that at a low take off spead the 'traction control' inon shows on the dash display indicating it has 'worked' when there is bugger all pressure to the pedal and wheels, so I am thinking the traction control settings needs tweak.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The ECU controls the throttle blade yes, it is called a torque on demand system, it will only give enough throttle to achieve the torque within the design parameters.
The trac is controlled by the ECU & ABS/TRAC module, nothing in the ABS is programmable.
at present there is nothing available to reprogram the alloytech engine management system...yet
Cheers Rob

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Doctor Bob said:

Rob

Any updates on this Dr Bob? Just interested in what all the other things mean.

MySV6

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
Hi Doctor Bob. Can you give us some advice on CAI kits for the VZ V6 please.
It is all very confusing at present.