Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

severe shudder

ireland

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr
hi - debut message

I have a 94 vr with around 225ks on the clock. My problem recently started where when I take off from a standing start at med-high acceleration I get a severe shudder from the driveline (i think). I know that this is a common problem with the vr but I noticed this has got a lot worse lately. Could someone recommend a fix for this and possible costs involved.

ta

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
i suggest check out your tail shaft. The uni joins may be nackered causing undue vibration under throttle. Thats my suggestion anyway.

Other than that, does it only vibrate in 1st gear or is it in all gears?

G

GeorgeB

i had a similar problem.. it was my radius rod bushes.. they were worn and that causes your car to viabrate. but it happened mostly when i was applying the brakes.. so im not sure if your gettin the same viabrations when your braking. cause if you are, then it could be your rod bushes...

goodluck...

ireland

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr
statesman_vs_s1 said:
i suggest check out your tail shaft. The uni joins may be nackered causing undue vibration under throttle. Thats my suggestion anyway.

Other than that, does it only vibrate in 1st gear or is it in all gears?

Only vibrates in 1st gear, once I gain speed I can full throttle (almost!!) without any vibration. Gotta get it serviced next Fri so I'll mention it to the doc....any ideas how much this will cost while I'm sitting down??

ireland

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr
well, I took the car to the doc and he gave it a full service and replaced the engine mounts and presto - problem solved

O

ozute

May I ask what that set you back for the engine mounts ireland?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
If its a manual, then it could be the clutch...if its an auto, disregard this post...it wil self destruct in five seconds.... :flame:

MaXiLeeCH

irc.WorldIRC.org boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Series II Berlina
ozute said:

I just put a set of mounts into my VRII Berlina, $62.00 for aftermarket mounts.
(They are just under $100 each for genuine holden offerings)

A

Amishdan

Ive got a different vibration in my car...

At the top of 3rd gear, just before it switches to 4th (auto) i can feel the car shaking pretty bad, as soon as its into 4th it goes away.

Seems like something in the gearbox but i dont know what.

ireland

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr
ozute said:

got a full service for $760 - i think the engine mount portion was around $350....ouch

In fact I was so annoyed I have now traded it in and bought a BA Falcon on the weekend!!!

Served me well the old Commo - but had 230,000 odd on the clock, was developing some oil leaks and stalling - had a good run.