Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX fog lights on exec front bar

brendanteck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S1
Hi,

I have a VX commodore exec with the standard front bumper on it. Wondering if anybody knows if the SS type fog lights can be fitted to it or do I have to change the whole front bumper?

Thanks,
Brendan.

L

LYRIC

Bredon to my knowledge the front mould on a VX ss is slightly diff to that
of an exec as the holes for the lamps are part of the bar itself unlike a VT
so yeah you will need to replace the bar.

LYRIC

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You will also find that the "S" and "SS" have the wiring loom for the driving lights already fitted but the executive doesn't

L

LYRIC

Very true also you will need to change the dash as there is no
whole space for the original button for the lights.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just change the whole bumper. They are not very expensive (from memory) and look a shitteload better than the exec one..... and while you are at it, put the rear bar on too :)

Reaper

brendanteck said:
Hi,

I have a VX commodore exec with the standard front bumper on it. Wondering if anybody knows if the SS type fog lights can be fitted to it or do I have to change the whole front bumper?

Thanks,
Brendan.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I bought a set of 100 mm diameter driving lights for my VX "S" from autobarn cost me $90.00 ( compared to $400.00 for the genuine G.M.H ones)
and wired them up to the existing loom and bought the genuine switch from G.M.H ( 80 bucks ) and carefully drilled and filed the hole out in the dash .
came out pretty good

R

RKZ234

Dayvo said:
You will also find that the "S" and "SS" have the wiring loom for the driving lights already fitted but the executive doesn't

INCORRECT.

The 100w Driving Lights on my VX Exec use the factory Fog Light Wiring Loom.

The instrument cluster surround was removed to reveal the plug where the factory Fog Light Switch plugs into. The surround was changed to the SS version with a hole for the Factory Fog Light Switch, which was fitted and wired via the headlight dip switch in the steering column. Once the relay was inserted under the bonnet it worked perfectly and always has.

To locate the end of the wiring loom, get under front of the car and look for the 2 oval shaped black plugs (approx 8 cm long with 1 white wire with 2 black stripes and a purple wire with 2 white stripes) Each plug is taped up in the vicinity of the lower corner of the radiator.

Last edited by a moderator:

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Wiring colours

In regards to the exisiting wiring loom and plug for commodore foglights..can anyone confirm whether it matters which terminal on the fog lights the purple and the white an black leads get attached too?

The reason I ask is ..I have purchased a genuine fog light swithc and relay. However I may fit after market lights which may not have the correct plug and so may need to connect directly to the 2 wires from the existing loom.

Many thanks