Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can i see some pics of a VR/VS sub setup in the boot

C

Crazy Horse

please i need i few ideas were to put 2 subs and a amp

W

whisky

Did it all myself, took me a couple of hours to do. Probably upgrading soon to 2 15's + the 12's for midrange bass... so a new setup + more amps are on the way.

subs1.JPG

subs2.JPG

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
That is a very nice job, especially for only a couple of hours work.

How did you attach the sub-box to the back of the seats? Or is it attached through the parcel shelf and downwards, or just attached to the floor maybe?

How many Cu.ft. do the subs have?

Did you shape the box so that it sits flush with the 'hump' in the boot, or just leave it to stick out and cover it over with that big amp board?

Nice work!

W

whisky

Jeff T said:
That is a very nice job, especially for only a couple of hours work.

How did you attach the sub-box to the back of the seats? Or is it attached through the parcel shelf and downwards, or just attached to the floor maybe?

How many Cu.ft. do the subs have?

Did you shape the box so that it sits flush with the 'hump' in the boot, or just leave it to stick out and cover it over with that big amp board?

Nice work!

The box is held by four long screws that start from the back of the seat, where the metal is to hold it in place. Beauty of this is you can adjust it with the screws for how much of a gap you want between the subs and the back of the seat. And before you say the screws will be leaking air, they are not because I used construction adhesive to put some wood blocks where the screws bolt into. They can't be seen because they are in the corners but just incase I covered the blocks aswell so it all looks shmicko.

The box has a flat bottom and the front is angled the same as the seats.

Then from behind a sheet is bolted onto the sub box, then the amps + wiring is behind that, then a front section is put onto it that sits flush with the amps to hide the wiring. And this is not bolted in..... I made 2 brackets that go on the top so it's just a matter of unscrewing 2 screws and removing the face. It doesn't move or anything because the front sheet sits very snug around the amps and the brackets are to be extra cautious.

Cheers for the compliment on it by the way :)

S

sikvs

haha i have the exact same sub setup, amps and subs :D, take a look. btw the other mono block is on the back of the box and both enclosures are ported into the back seat, id take a pic but i can't be bothered taking my seat cover off to pull down the middle

Attachments

• DSC01334.jpg
    DSC01334.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 2,081
  • DSC01337.jpg
    DSC01337.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 681
W

whisky

sikvs said:
haha i have the exact same sub setup, amps and subs :D, take a look. btw the other mono block is on the back of the box and both enclosures are ported into the back seat, id take a pic but i can't be bothered taking my seat cover off to pull down the middle

nice work, i've only for one of those d classes running my 2. and the other 4 channel for the 4 type r splits in the car.

I need to get another one of those d classes and run one per sub.

Are those dual 2's or dual 4's you got there mate, or even singles?

S

sikvs

just dual 4's, im happy with my sound system now and am working on performance mods. click on my ride to see what else ive done with the car :)

W

whisky

sikvs said:
just dual 4's, im happy with my sound system now and am working on performance mods. click on my ride to see what else ive done with the car :)

yeah, mine are dual 4's aswell.... I'm spewing I didn't buy 2 D class's instead of one, ohh well.. time to make a new face. I'm happy with the current bass... but eh asif you can ever be happy.

Nice ride by the way. Need to lose the black side strips but I presume that is on it's way. Love the drivers seat.

Heres my pride and joy.

car2.JPG

VR V6 "Soon to be turbo" Manual

Sorry about the thread hijacking.

Mods so far.
Complete woodgrain trim out of a VS Series II Calais
New Superplush carpet I just put in last weekend.
Converted from auto to manual
CAI & K&N Panel filter - done 8,000k's < For sale soon if anyone wants it,70mm Throttle body, Extractors, 2 1/2" System, Hi-flow cat, ill be selling the complete exhaust system soon if anyone is interested.
Haltech E6GMX ECU - Sitting @ home, not going to bother wiring it up until i'm closer to the final turbo install.
Calais Instrument cluster with trip computer, made a patch harness for it to work.
Power windows
Custom seats throughout.
DBA X-Drilled & Slotted Gold Series Rotors on the front.
18" AMG Rims.
At the end of the day I should have just bought a calais to begin with.
Soon to come
Rear Bar to finish the bodykit
Turbo to be installed as soon as the manifolds are finished.
Injectors and blah blah, usual bits that need upgrading with the turbo.

Anyway, ill probably get flamed for posting all that here.