Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how2get other menu on vt trip computer

B

Balistic3.8L

hey dudes thers alot more on your trip computer than you think if you did not already know. you can get taco. kmph .fuel temp.litres left in tank.heaps more just put key in ignition hold mode button and up arrow button in for 4 seconds then turn key to acc while still holdin buttons and then realese them a chime will sound and new menu will display you can get another by doing the same thing but holding the down button hope this helps those who did not know this cheers :thumbsup:

dlucre

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive 4sp Auto 5L V8
Has anyone else tried this?

I want to do it on mine out of curiosity...

dlucre

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just went and checked this out on mine, and while it did give me what looked like a voltage reading and a few other numbers, including a temperature reading of some description. It wasn't all that helpful, considering I can't access it while I am driving :S

Is there a way to enable it as a fourth page of information so I can view it while the car is running?

Also, some sort of idea of what the numbers mean would be helpful. Is there official holden documentation somewhere that explains it all?

A

A SPEC 5.0

you can acces it while driving. start the car while you have menu and arrow buttons held down. this also works with older and newer commodores with triple window displays.

dlucre

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have the triple window display. I'll give it a go on my way home from work today. But do I have to hold down the buttons each and every time?

I know I can modify the normal menus (3 sets of 3 windows) and turn things on and off if I wish. I have done this and turned things like remaining fuel, etc on (which previously weren't on).

Seems silly that info like this isn't able to be turned on permanently - however:

On this hidden menu, there was a screen with numbers that I could increment up to 30, and back down to 0. Something like:

to00 - to30

and it said 'nu' on it too.

I think I need to find some Holden Documentation on this...

B

Balistic3.8L

dlucre said:
I just went and checked this out on mine, and while it did give me what looked like a voltage reading and a few other numbers, including a temperature reading of some description. It wasn't all that helpful, considering I can't access it while I am driving :S

Is there a way to enable it as a fourth page of information so I can view it while the car is running?

Also, some sort of idea of what the numbers mean would be helpful. Is there official holden documentation somewhere that explains it all?
gee im just giving advise work it out for your self i did . shall i change your oil for you 2? and it does work while driving voltage reading is your battery very helpfull if you want to check if it is ok.try the down button 4 kmph and taco you can also reset your service intervile that flashes eg 70thousand k service will flash when you reach 68k you can clear this without going to a dealer

dlucre

Reaction score
Members Ride
hehe, don't get upset. I am finding Holden's lack of documentation on such things to be quite frustrating. I thought perhaps you might know a little more about it. Obviously not.

I realise I can hold down the buttons and start the car to have it, but I don't want to have to do that each time.

Anyway - I have to get some stuff checked out at a Holden Dealership sooner or later - i'll just ask their service department for more info on it.

A

A SPEC 5.0

holden dont have any info on this. theres is so much you can do have fun with it!

dlucre

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fair enough - i'll see what I can do with it.

Thanks for the insight guys!

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Just wondering how you found these extra menus, were you bored one day and just thought " i wonder what happens when i hold this down ETC."

But apart from that, i think ill be playing around with that in my old mans VT tonight

thanks man.