Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hard 2 start

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
start easy when cold easy when hot wont start when warm

problem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VL Cal Turbo, VL GRPA
Have a look at the thread I posted on the 2/9/05 titled The bugger won't start properly. I looked and replaced a lot of items including the crank angle sensor and eventually found the problem to be the fuel pressure regulator.
Pull the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator which is the small stainless steel cylinder attached to the rear of the fuel rail on the drivers side of the engine. The vacuum operates a diaphragm and varies the fuel pressure in the fuel rail. If there is any fuel in the vacuum line the diaphragm has ruptured and the fuel can run straight into the inlet manifold and flood the engine and the bugger won't start properly.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
problem said:
Have a look at the thread I posted on the 2/9/05 titled The bugger won't start properly. I looked and replaced a lot of items including the crank angle sensor and eventually found the problem to be the fuel pressure regulator.
Pull the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator which is the small stainless steel cylinder attached to the rear of the fuel rail on the drivers side of the engine. The vacuum operates a diaphragm and varies the fuel pressure in the fuel rail. If there is any fuel in the vacuum line the diaphragm has ruptured and the fuel can run straight into the inlet manifold and flood the engine and the bugger won't start properly.
i would got back earlyer been away ill check that hope it's it. thanks

Offensive picture removed.....Rat.

Last edited by a moderator:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
spot on problem solved thanks