Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Fog lights into a stock VS bar

J

jstuw8

Ok i have just purchased some VS SS foglights and the surrounding bezels aswell for the old lady's car.Its a VS Ex-interceptor fitted with the power pack, so the wiring loom is all there but thats not the drama.Would anyone know where i might be able to find a template to cut out a stock front bar to fit the lights.i bassically would have one chance at the cutting,as its about 400 bux for a new bar (genuine from work) oh and my work don't supply the templates nor does any other holden dealership.so thats out of the question.
Any help much appreciated

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Ive been after the exact same thing ...pmed plenty of people and got nothing back...looks like its the 64 dollar question that no one can answer or cant be bothered answering me back.
From what I have seen you need to cut out the bit for the light and then some slots for the nibs to go through and the 12 (6 each side)clips secure it to the bar ...you have to buy them separate as they dont come with the bezel.You also need to buy the captured nuts that go to mount the light.
I thought about buying a rooted bar from a wreck and do a dummy run to get a idea of how to do it before I tackle cutting my good one.
You also need to drill 2 holes in the reo bar to mount the light itself.
Here's a picture I found of the bar with the hole cut out for the bezels.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=5829
And here is what the light looks like from the back showing the clips that hold the bezel in and the mounting of the fog light on the bar itself that I took from a car in a car yard with them fitted and also the wiring for the switch.

Attachments

• FOG WIRING.JPG
    FOG WIRING.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 14,596
  • fog.jpg
    fog.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 5,709
Last edited:

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
I have the BT1 and has had Fog lights fitted (Cut into the bar) but they arnt hooked up to a switch, Cheers for the wiring diagram! Will have a crack tomorrow and trace the wires back as the only thing its missing is the switch. I have ordered it from Holden ($20)

V

v8maniac

Just wondering is that diagram to suit the vr or vs as the way the lights work are different
In my vr the fog lamps are on low beam turns off high beam on all lights work
In my mates vs the fog lamps can be turned on with just the parkers on and don't turn off low beam
These cars are both genuine SS's
Thanks

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
The diagram doesnt show that part of the circuit that makes the normal lights go off when you turn the fogs on.All it shows is the switch wiring which is all the same for vr/s .By law I think the main beam should go off when you turn the fogs on that is how the factory ones are wired.Your mates have been modified and its not hard to do.
Nowdays plenty of cars have them that come on with the main beams so I'm not sure if its that important ....pigs might have a say in it if they catch you.
Here's the other half of the circuit under the bonnet...and a picture of the hole in the bar ready for the bezel to be installed.
Basically you cut the large hole for the light in the bar first using the bezel as a guide by placing over where hole has to be and then again place the bezel over where it going to sit and put masking tape over where the 6 nibs will have to go and one at a time working from the outside one mark and drill the slots and keep trying in bar. I found that the big hole had to be trimmed as I had made it too small and it was stopping the bezel going right home.
I used a dremel type tool to drill a row of small holes and then join them together to make the slots.
The holes can be a little larger than needed as the clips that secure them are quite big compared to the slot and when the bezels in place everything is hidden by it.

Attachments

• fog continued.JPG
    fog continued.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 6,007
Last edited:

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
VS SS Fog light wirings:

Hey mate, just saw some pic of your fog light digram. I have the ss fog lights, fuse box for fog light, and switch. unfortunally i accently threw the wiring plug for the switch in the bin bugger it. I have the switch, any chance u could tell me what wires it goes for.

My vs doesnt have the fog light wiring. The fog light switch some wires will have to be connected to the cluster wirings?

A big help will be great!!!

Thanks

Damo

vsslpr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 1
can anyone tell me the dimensions of the actual lamp? tryna find non standard lens that will fit the ss bezels cheers

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
can anyone tell me the dimensions of the actual lamp? tryna find non standard lens that will fit the ss bezels cheers

can anyone tell me the dimensions of the dig?
try sc in there howto and it has a guide, they say it should have a dotted line

vsgm8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute s 5.0L
does the sIII vs ute have the loom for the foglights from factory?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
does the sIII vs ute have the loom for the foglights from factory?

If you have the 2 x 2 pin plugs for the actual foglights taped back each side of the radiator, all the under bonnet stuff will be there..... if it isnt you will have to run it from foglamp relay base to foglamp ,and the violet/red wire run from dash loom connector through the firewall to the foglamp relay base under the bonnet should be run in your cars loom now as it is run in most looms (mine was and it is a exect).
You will probably need the wiring from dash loom connector near the fuses in the cabin to the foglamp switch connector that plugs straight to the foglamp switch under the headlight switch ...the foglamp switch plug is the same size plug as the plug on your air con switch.

Last edited: