Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was it really worth$3200

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Nothing i can do now, but can i get some of your opinions, was this worth the money i paid for..

Few months ago i bought a ommodore, its a 1993 vr executive v6 commodore auto sedan, needed painting (which i knew) and had a machenic check it over, mechanic says yea all good nothing rong wif it, ne way here we go.

What Ive done so far:

Brand new Spark plugs and leads (replaced all)
New air filter, oil and filter, fuel filter, coolant change
2 different and new Blower Fan Resistors :( (i think there is a short sum were)
New battery
New power steering resivior
Fuel Pump
Bearing and Bearing Plates
Crank Angel Sensor

Need to do:

Paint (boot and spoiler primered.. at least ive started :p)
Oxygen sensor (DONE)
Re-gas Air con
Fix Base Idle
Z-bar or sway bar, bushes, rack boot, link pin bushes
Fuel Pressure regulator (i think as ive ran out of ideas wot else cood be rong)
And Power Steering leak (DONE)
cant think of ne thing else, ill add it if i do though

not sure if the Need to do list will fix my car from taking ages to start, like she sits there tryng for quiet a wile expecially on hills..

Last edited:

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
If YOU are happy with the car in the end, then it doesn't matter what you pay all up. :)

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
aa23 said:
If YOU are happy with the car in the end, then it doesn't matter what you pay all up. :)

if you put it that way... i was actaully wonting a car that had not even half the probs so i cood customiz the interior and do it up , but it'll just gonna be a few months behind thats all :p

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
garfa said:
how bads the paint?

just the top half of car, boot started rusting, now the roof is, so we gonna sand it back and prime it this weekend and the bonnet is just fadeing

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hmmm.... yeah if your happy with it. me i wouldnt have gotten it. but thats the last thing you want to hear! oh also i got my VSII Acclaim for $4200. its got 250000km but apart from that i had to replace 2 bulbs for the roadworthy!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
yea the only thing i new that was stuffed was the paint, this vr had 185000km and cost 3200, when you think its just paint i thought it was a awesome buy (still had 2 mths rego:p) and roadworthys pfft, they guy who gave the guy i bought it off a safety certificate, should get sued, one light was out both parkers were out, my number plate lights were out, the gear light was out. the car isnt lowered legvally, the front springs have been cut :(, and i would of thought the zbar was a safety issue which would be covered by a safety certificate?

G

GMVBSLE

You can report people that give out dodgy Safety Certificates to your state traffic authority. Cut springs are illegal and shoudln't of passed. Neither should the other stuff!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
GMVBSLE said:
You can report people that give out dodgy Safety Certificates to your state traffic authority. Cut springs are illegal and shoudln't of passed. Neither should the other stuff!

yea once i get it runing properly ima go down and report them

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
defineltly report the people cos its not only illegal its dangerous