Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam's VY2 SS

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Hi all I've been meaning to post my car here and today I finally went and took some photos. So here goes.

The car is a VY Series 2 SS in Phantom Mica with Red Hot interior. The HBD team went through the car and did their thing inside. I picked her up 2nd hand from Motorama in Moorooka (Brisbane) for $37k. She's an Auto (I thought this might save my tyres, I was wrong) and in standard trim supposedly had 245Kw at the engine. I call her Betty.

I have had a Cat back exhaust (defillipo I think it is spelt) and a K&N CAI system fitted. I have a Clubsport look-alike front bar at home but am waiting for the rest of the kit to arrive before I fit it.

I had the car 2 days before my good friends at Autobarn in Bundaberg kitted me out with a full Pioneer system. I asked only 2 things of them when doing it:

1) The system must be as stealth as possible.
2) I must retain full use of the spare tyre (I live in the outback and travel long distances for work)

They did good, well I think so anyway. Here's the list for the stereo guys out there.

H/U: Pioneer AVH-P5750 In dash DVD player with the AVG-VDP Vehicle Dynamics Processor fitted also
Front: Pioneer TSC160R Competition Series Splits
Rear: Pioneer TSD690R Competition Series 6x9's
Subs: Pioneer TSW121SPL 12" SPL
Amp 1 & 3: Pioneer GMD510M Single Channel Digital (2000W RMS)
Amp 2: Pioneer GM6100F 4 Channel (Front and Rear)

Other notables are the 100Amp fuse in the engine bay and a 2 Farad Capacitor, both come from Stinger. All body panels were removed and Road Kill applied.

The boot is completely sealed off from the front of the car so popping the boot with the stereo going does not let any bass out. Each sub has it's own section of the total enclosure and both are running with ports. The total enclosure volume is over the 200Litre mark and sits about 1mm below the magnets of the 6x9's. The beauty board at the back can be removed but there's literally no room behind it for anything else.

WARNING: Large pictures.

Without further ado I present to you: Betty.

Attachments

• Holden_01.JPG
    Holden_01.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 783
  • Holden_06.JPG
    Holden_06.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 634
  • Holden_011.JPG
    Holden_011.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 747
  • Holden_017.JPG
    Holden_017.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 1,532
  • Holden_018.JPG
    Holden_018.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 728
  • Holden_024.JPG
    Holden_024.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 760
Last edited:

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
The audio setup ni the boot is very neat, very nice looking car!

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Thanks, now all I need to do is make the car that little bit more powerful... Don't get me wrong she goes hard, but they can always go harder.

Attachments

• Holden_048.JPG
    Holden_048.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 818
  • Holden_055.JPG
    Holden_055.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
C

Clemo82

that is the sweetest boot install. i love a nice simple and functional boot. when you put the kit on maybe de-wing it in my opinion but anyway great car keep it up.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
:w00t: HEY MAN!!! I luv the car, i think is one of the best interiors iv seen in an SS! U know wat i rekon looks hot, those VY Clubby Gauges, get them in red and it would finish off the inside. I reall wanna know how u got the steering wheel half red leather, that looks awesome.

Cheerz
Frandy :thumbsup:

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Frandy you're right I love the Clubsport gauges and have already been gathering prices for a set although people are wanting $900 for the whole thing. We shall see what this weeks pay check has left after I order the bodykit pieces I need.

If you look closely you can see that the gear lever and handbrake have also had the red leather treatment. Simply put HBD (Holden By Design). It is an option that is sadly only available for the automatics, manuals are a no go as my buddy here just found out.

executive_power

Reaction score
good install in the boot,very sleek, great too see that you havent overdone it.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Glad to see that u agree Cam :D
can you get it done as an aftermarket thingy. Even if you just got the steering wheel done and the handbrake, there would have to be a place around that would do it, and they could be able to do the manual