Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

... And now, Blaupunkt Aux Input! (VY/VZ)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
It works!

(cue evil laughter...)

As well as the low level output adapter, I now have a solution for Aux Input to the Blaupunkt head unit - single or six stacker.

Connect your MP3 player headphone socket into another 3.5mm socket (I've mounted one in the console near my traction switch) and press a button - the sound system cuts across from whatever you're listening to (CD or Radio) and feeds the signal from the socket through the system. Volume/balance/EQ settings are all applied (in other words you control those functions with the H/U controls), and it doesn't sound too bad at all! Naturally, it's not as good as CD quality, but MP3 rarely is unless it a pretty high bitrate. Also my player is pretty cheap and nasty.

Here's a pic of what it looks like for those that are curious.

Cheerz!

Attachments

• DSCF0120.jpg
    DSCF0120.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24,822

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
What will you think of next :whistling . That's a pretty neat install mate, looks almost factory.

P.S. I should give you a caning for the filth I see in your interior yes siree! :yeah: tsk tsk hehe.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Shang - LOL!!

I'll consider myself firmly caned!! :eek:

(yeh, I know it's bloody filthy. Been up to my elbows in stereos and dashboards lately!) ;)

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

vzspacute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Hi Phreddy,

This is just the thing I have been looking for. I have a VZ 's' ute with a single cd player and have been looking for a way to connect my ipod which im getting for christmas.

I am very interested in getting this installed.

What sought of money am i looking at for the board and for you to install it??

Cheers
Adam

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Phreddy, you are by far the most fiddly person I've ever heard of, congrats on finally figuring it out. Shame I ditched the old stock H/U, well not entirely ditched it's in a box in my cupboard..

So what do you plan to shock us with now... A new screen perhaps, maybe even with colour? Maybe the ability to play DVD's on it? If anyone could think of a way to do it, I'd say it would be you.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Cam - LOL! Don't think so Mate!! :rofl:

(that's a bit out of my league!)

As for the colour screen - Hmmmmmm......

Maybe you could colour in different sections of the display with red, green, and blue texta markers - there you go - COLOUR SCREEN! :whistling
(heh - that's a bit too hard as well I reckon...)

G'Day vzspacute. I'll send you a PM, we can go from there.

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

W

Woodman

Hi Phreddy,

Is this using the phone connector? If I already have a phone can you double up on the connector? Also does the connector support stereo?

cheers

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Woodman.

No Mate, absolutely it DOESN'T use your phone connector, it switches the signal internally to override your current source (CD or Radio) and feed the Aux in signal through the head unit. Whilst I haven't had a chance to test that particular function, I'm quite sure that the operation of the phone input is completely unaffected. (in other words, when you DO get a call, the audio system will continue to mute the audio and switch over to the phone input as always)

I had reasons for not using the phone input, firstly that it is only MONO - secondly, the frequency range is very limited - it's only designed for voice frequencies - the mod I've worked out is FULL stereo, and FULL frequency range.

Beware of the bodgey cables that are sold on eBay - they plug into the phone input, and even if you don't use that input for your phone, the sound is pretty poor quality. The only thing limiting the quality through my setup is the bitrate of the MP3 file itself, and how good your actual player is. (mine's pretty crappy, so it's not as good as CD even when converted at 320Kbps) I would imagine a higher quality player would be an improvement.

Keep an eye on the thread folks, I'll be posting up some more info after I've gotten over the hangover from my work Chrissy party! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Cheerz!