Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

springs

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Just wondered if anyone has used king front springs in 30mm lowered and found when turning the suspension when moving it now has a noise like a grind or a metal to metal noise when it hits a slight bump on the road,
I was told it could be the progressive coils which are closer to one another at the top touching each other and moving against each other but I hate the noise and now I am looking for it when I drive it
The top 3 coils touch each other at the top of the strut now at rest...I am sure this is not right what do you think?

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Hasn't anyone used King front springs in 30mm lowered before and had this problem?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
ok so no one has had the experience ....I must be too finicky but I rang the technical advice of King Springs and was told that the progressive part at the top of the spring is supposed to be touching together...that the only way they can make a spring that is comfortable to ride and have a higher rating when compressed and stay captured ....he recommended a wrap cover that they put over the coils to stop them rubbing and causing the problem

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
ive got lowered king springs in the back of my ss.. dont have any problems like that...
when i had the super low kings in, when the car was jacked up on a hoist, the springs fell out :p
but yeah, no problems like your describing :)

S

Spike Percival

It's nt something as simple as the wheel or tyre grinding on the wheel arches? With a 30mm lower, you will bring the wheel closer to them......

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
fixed the thing....consulted the tech help at king springs and he told me he had sold 300,000 odd springs to commodore owners this year without a problem.I am sure I am not the only one to notice.
Anyway to cut a long story short he sent me some spirap to put around the top coils that touch each other to stop the metal to metal and the bloody noise has gone.
I must say but ,the bloke who I asked at PEDDERS at Lawnton about it beforehand was right the whole time so I must give him some credit
I am happy.

Attachments

• spirap spring.jpg
    spirap spring.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,599
Last edited:
B

boss

Ive got the same springs in mine markovr, but don't have much noise. But I find the suspension seems a little stiff sometimes. When i had a service at Kmart they told me that the springs can push on the top caseing and they needed to be replaced... I also took it to pedders who bagged King springs, but said it was O.K., which i believe. What was the number you called? did you pay for the spirap?

brock

Reaction score
markovr

how much did the kings cost

I bought my car with pedders springs and are too low

Plus its a ute and with some tools in it, it feels like I'm driving on the bumpstops

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Roughly around the 100 mark give or take 20 from place to place
I've got a mate who has the you beaut pedders same set up and you can't drink anything while the car is moving without spilling it and you feel like your fillings have come loose when you go for any distance.
I reckon with all the bullshit with kings springs with mine I would get factory fe2 coils if I had to do it again...if you can get trade its a bit cheaper.
With boss's questions the spirap came from work but the bloke offered to send me some for nothing and the tech help I phoned the number for kings springs and asked to talk to the tech help section....bloke there was good ..he didn't try to talk his way out of it and didn't try to tell me I was wrong or rubbish other manufacturers stuff like some people do. number is 07 5539 6700

FullySik

Reaction score
Hi sorry to hijack the thread i was wondeing if you had a pic of your car you could post up i want to see the difference on a car between lows and superlows. Are superlows that low.
thanx