Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN DEALERSHIPS post your mishaps

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
why is it that i always seem to have a bad experience with service and parts in holden dealerships !!!!!!

Just yesterday I rang up phonenix holden wanneroo because they are the closest holden to my work and ussually seem to get cheap prices from this one guy that works there. I was after a coolant temp sensor that goes to the computer not the gauge anyways he quoated me $24 and one in stock. So later that arvo i decided to go get it but just to make sure because it was still a long hike i rang up again, dude wasnt in got some random bloke he said oh that parts gona cost you at least $60 mate we dont have any in stock i said to the dude umm thats a bit of a price hike since this morning and hes like thats the going rate mate so i said ok leave it with me....

I called up brian gardener holden in cannington they are close to where I live and i know they are the most expencive bastards in perth he quoated me $24 sooooo anyway had to wait and call back when the other guy was in and ask and make sure the parts there etc ended up getting it for $17 off this other guy but everrrrry time i ring and i dont speak to this one guy they want to screw me i bought the whole rear section of the drivers side seat from them and the guy was out this other dude tried to give me a second hand one that the vinyl was ripped (compleatly pointless considering thats why i was replacing it) had him tell me a part was in so 30 minute hike from work show up hes out to lunch and the other guys tell me oh we dont have that part but we can order one in for you (had to wait for the other guy to come back from lunch and they actually did have the part), had their service department work on my car tell me its fixed me to get it home and start playing up again exact same problem only for the service dept to say to me well bring it back again and we will charge you to fix it again annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the list goes on :bang: anyway im so late for work in unbelivable cyaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
That guy quotes trade prices, when you rang back you would have been given the standard customer price. Just ask for the trade price.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i dont belive that brian gardener had no reason to quote me trade prices ussually if its gona cost an arm and a leg its gona cost from them they dont budge when it comes to price discounts and they also told me $25 for example i got my coil pack from phoenix for $115 brian wanted $189 got my seat backing from phoenix $210 brian wanted $280 say if even i am getting trade prices how can there be a massive mark up on the gear thats like the pretty ugly face discount your pretty and you get it cheaper your ugly and we throw as much as we can on top

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
I get all my parts from pheonix holden too, and i get trade always from the same guy.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i get mine from City Motors coz i know a few guys at parts and pre delivery.
but no matter who i talk to, if i say is that the trade price they give it to me.
so far no problems with City Motors at Parts or Service.

but North City (which is closer to where i live) are absolute a**holes in the parts. at least one of the guys is that i spoke to.
thought one day i go North City instead of City Motors coz a bit closer and part was only $8. the guy refused to give me a trade price and questioned me who i was for him to give me trade price. he acted as if he was going to lose money out of his pocket by saving me $1.60.
so i told him he can go and get f****d and i drove to City Motors not coz i am tight but coz the guy was a pr***. its all about principle and if your gonna have attitude with me then i wont bother with you.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
the funny thing is City Motors owns North City so when a friend saw a second hand car he liked at North City i go City Motors to bring it over and we bought it through them at a whole lot cheaper then what North City could do.
LMFAO :rofl:

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i was having bad luck getting the unlock code for the stereo in the vs after we changed the battery,everyone wanted like $50 - $100 to give me the code so i called up north city holden cause they were last on my list and told them a bullshit story that im very angry i bought this car from them blah blah blah even though i didnt id only purchased it a few days prior privatly and the stereo isnt working so they gave me the code for free after i gave them the vinn

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
*panting heavily*

evil_monkey, is the full stop broken on your keyboard mate? It's exhausting just reading your first post!!! ;)

But seriously, that's why you need to shop around. Get it in writing (fax) and then you've got no dramas with who serves you.

As an aside, does anyone know if the spare parts guys are on commission, or paid bonuses for particular sales volumes? If so, I could imagine towards the end of the month this happening regularly.

Mark.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Spare parts guys dont get commission they just have the ability to change prices as they see fit so to speak. I know when i worked at repco i was able to chage the price but in the end it had to stay 10% above the COST price for repco. In saying that sometimes you can give better to than trade to some cust if they say " well i can get this at super cheap for...". So it all comes down to what the rep feels is suitable. Always with the companys interest in mind ofcourse. And NO you cant over charge a cust as its illeagel and if you get caught your f***ed.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
so i guess if they dont like your face they charge you to the maximum they are alloud to charge.

One thing i thought was strange is i tried to push brian gardener down when i was buying the seat backing and said which i wasent lying that i can get it at phoenix for $210 and they wanted $280, i know its a long hike and its probably not worth spending the petrol if you were a normal customer to go all that way but i live in thornlie and work in balcatta so its not like it makes much of a diff to me if i go to either one anyway to the point they said that $280 was the best they could do they dont make much money on them blah blah blah cant budge on pricing does this mean other dealerships/companys get parts cheaper ?, also sometimes coventries can do genuine holden cheaper than holden can do