Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parcel shelf guide

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
A few people have been asking, so here you go!

beefcream said:
hey man..

just wondering if you could give me a guide or explanation of how to make a custom parcel shelf as you have?

thanks,
Chris

Ok, start by removing the old one (guides are on here). Strip the carpet off it so its just a bare wooden board. Then trace areound it on to 18mm MDF (thats what I used), going inder the "flaps" (pretend they're not there, you'll know what i mean when you do it.

Ok, jigsaw that out, and see what it looks like in the car. You may need to tidy off some edges to get a good fit. Then you'll need to plane the back (rear windscreen) and sides to get it in properly. Then try putting the seat in with new shelf. Remember that the carpet WILL make a difference when you put it on, so allow for this when your measuring. The seat should just be touching the new shelf.

Now work out where you want the speakers, and cut the holes for them. I got my carpet covering from a auto trimmer for $15. Stick this on with contact adhesive (comes in a can at bunnings, 250ml, about $7) follow the directions. Then cut off excess, but leave flaps off the side (these replace the wooden ones of the original shelf). Cut out the speaker holes and your ready to go! Any other questions, just PM me