Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

count down started

Status
Not open for further replies.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
on the hsv website(hsv.com.au) it say 17 days 9 hours to go till the new E series hsv is released.

cant wait

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
16 days and counting

Last edited:

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
call me a traitor but i'm not that excited, they will just put a few bits of plastic on it.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
jules said:
call me a traitor but i'm not that excited, they will just put a few bits of plastic on it.

No I'm with you... For the marginally better performance you get and the few extra bits of stuck on body kit and badges, the premium for buying a HSV really isn't worth it.

It will really only be people who are performace/luxury enthusiasts with money to do nothing better with who will be in the HSV market soon... Their affordability is gone in my opinion and their practicality was almost never there to start with.

[edit] Marginal is a matter of personal perspective. No, taking half a second less to get from 0 - 100 than an SSV is not a significant increase in performance to me. Especially not for an extra $20,000. I mean seriously, what can you do on public roads with more than 270kw? Actually, what can you do with more than 200kw? The Alloytec V6 is more than enough power for me... And still more than the first VT SS V8 Commodores that only had 185kw.
Torque is a much more interesting performace figure than kw I think. Holden have the potetial to make a diesel engine with better torque figures than ANY of their V8s.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
to start of with goin of vz prices an ss cost around 50000 brand new. and a clubsport cost around 60000 brand new. that only roughly a 10000 dollar difference between them and you get more power, more features, better handling, bigger wheels, better seats, better instrument cluster, bigger more aggressive body kit, more street cred

also better resale value an i no that means alot to you because ive seen you complain about it before

so for all that id say if you can afford the roulghy 10 grand difference between the ss and clubsport it well worth it

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
jules said:

:rofl: That is the funniest **** i have heard!

A few bits of plastic.........

Righty o then!

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
naf33n said:
you get more power, more features, better handling, bigger wheels, better seats, better instrument cluster, bigger more aggressive body kit, more street cred

also better resale value an i no that means alot to you because ive seen you complain about it before

so for all that id say if you can afford the roulghy 10 grand difference between the ss and clubsport it well worth it

All that is matter of opinion. More features? What features would they be? Yes more power and better handling but it is marginal. Bigger wheels? Whoopee! Can get them anywhere (or will be able to soon). Better seats? True... Better instrument cluster? Matter of opinion. Bigger more agressive body kit? More weight, more drag, sometimes ugly (VX Clubsport wing). Street cars don't drive fast enough for any aero performance advantages. More street cred? LOL!!! If I was buying a car for street cred it wouldn't be ANYTHING with a Holden or HSV badge on it...

Better resale value, sure but you still lose 20 - 25 percent in the first year!

Bottom line is, if you like HSV and want one and can afford one, go for it!

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
1. bigger wheels would cost you at least three grand with decent tyres(bridgestone or whatever hsv uses these days) so theres a fair saving. and i would say changing wheels is one of the first things to do for at least 70 percent of car holden modifiers

2.as far as features go its all the little things that add up gauges/ dash colours and materials.

3. with the bigger body kit if the car isnt going fast enough for it to cause down force it isnt goin fast enough to cause any decent amount of drag as far as fuel consuption etc. also im sure many people would agree the vx body kit is deffently one of the better looking hsv kits including the wing

4. a HSV would have more street cred and on paper then most cars you would see on a normal day in australia. show me a car where you get 297kws in a car that car fit a family, can tow a trailer/ caravan and still flog most cars on the road and track for around 60 grand. there aint many out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.