Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

completed aftermarket head deck install

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
Finally got around to getting an amp wiring kit and just wondering where people have put the wire through there firewall and where they run it to the boot?
Pictures would be awesome, cheers guys

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm not far away from doing my vy, but done a mates not long ago.
I went thru on drivers side up top, there is wires going thru there but be careful not to damage the other wires.
I ran the power cable under the plastic door trims next to the drivers and back seats, very quick and easy, you can also pull the back seat out in 2 mins to get the wire thru to the boot, makes a neater job of it.
That's how i did it anyways...

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I went through the firewall on the passengers side. There is a black rubber grommet where other cables are running through. I just poked a tiny hole through the grommet and shoved the amp power wire through it.

Like juzsvy, I ran the wire under the plastic of the door sills. Mine only had to go to under the passenger seat though, so I've got no tips on running it to the boot...

The Stig

Reaction score
Strathfield did mine yesterday... through the firewall on the drivers side and under the moldings down the drivers side and up behind the back seat..

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
clutch hole in the fire wall if its auto or find another suitable hole u can feed it through. then again run the power and remote wire for the amp under the drivers side plastic scuff plates, under the rar seat to the boot. then run the rcas down the passenger side to avoid alternator wine. then mount ur amp were u want it make the earth as short as possible for best ground clean the grounding point thoroughly so its bare metal on bare metal, then wire it up and turn it on.

batch_0695

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Series 2 Exec
Hey, was thinking about replacing the stereo in my vy s2 exec, was wondering on how to go about it eg head-unit, amp etc do it professionally or myself? Any help would be great thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
if it is a manual, unfortunately there is no spare holes and you will need to drill a hole in the firewall yourself. (I had an autoelectrician do it for me.)

batch_0695

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was looking to upgrade my stereo, with head-units how do i go about replacing them, can i use any or does it have to be double din? If not what do i put in that space? Thanks

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I was looking to upgrade my stereo, with head-units how do i go about replacing them, can i use any or does it have to be double din? If not what do i put in that space? Thanks

I'm guessing you have a single disc player?
If you have a 6 disc player you can get a mod of phreddy, run a search and you'll find him.
You can replace the deck with single din, i think they make a mould that fits straight into your dash to take up the space, has a pocket in it from memory.
I've seen these for sale at autobarn.

batch_0695

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Stereo Upgrade

Has any one done this or have any good advice on how to go about this? I did the stereo on my old car but this is a little harder and could stuff something up lol