Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IJUSGOT1 became a write off on new years morning

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
well my beloved VX II Clubsport R8 got ridden off at 3:40am by myself on new years morning when on my way home.

i dropped my brother back off at a party and i was on my home to get some sleep for the perth cup later on in the day. came up to the intersection to turn right on the street, had my clutch in, car rolled half way in the street as i got my footwork sorted and unfortunately accelerator was done most of the way and the clutch was hanging on the egde and when i realised and took the clutch out the car started to get into a slide and also no thanks to sand and small rocks scattered on the road. the street was very dark. the lighting was **** and as i tried to control it left to right and the final left was over corrected and hit a tree on the passenger side left at 45 degrees to the road. as soon as it hit the tree the cars rear slide all the way around to come to a facing the oppposite direction i was travelling.

after the air bags went off and i came to i hear everyone telling me to get out...the car was making a hissing sound...i grabbed my stuff and jumped out.
after a couple of minutes the horn wouldnt shut up...think its a emergency thing...couldnt get to battery so had to pull fuse out.

tow truck, ambulance, fire brigade and police came...in that order too....

ambulance cleared me...we told the tow truck to bugger off and get a proper one from RAC...fire brigade looked and cleared it from any fire potential....then i got the worst treatment by the police officers involved.
i was sworn at and treated like some idiot hoon...which i clearly am not...
i loved my car and appreciate my cars.
it was just a case of fatigue which lead to it, plus the crap on the road and the poor lighting which gave me no chance of correcting the car out of the slides coz i couldnt see the road properly.

now i just have to wait for what the police come up with and have a interview with my insurance company about the accident and hopefully they will just pay out the ride off.

the roof has kinks in it....looks like the chasis is twisted, engine pushed back and the gearbox was in 1st at the time of accident but is now stuck and the gear lever sits all the way to the right as if the gearbox has moved too...
all this from hitting a tree at 45 degrees in a slide while in first gear

pics below:

what a way to start the new year.....after having a **** 2006 i was hoping for 2007 to be better.
i had my gf of 7years leave me for a 27 year old person who is of asian background after we booked gold coast holiday for feb 2007 (where i was gonna propose with a suprise swim with dolphins at seaworld on valentines day where the dolphin was gonna take the ring to her tied to the end of the dolphins toy!), put money in investment fund for a house, we spoke regularly of kids, house, marriage, etc

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
ouch :(

i got lucky today with the first rain, come up to a round about, chick in the lane next to me locks up but stops in time then like a true idiot another locks up behind her and gives her a fair tap.

fatiuge is a bastard, almost wiped out a mates car a few times up the freeway because i wasnt switched on.

hopefully the insurance will treat you with more respect than the police!

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Ohhhh mate, sorry to hear, all my sympathy is with you.
That sucks about the car, I just hope to god you get ur money out of it, and hopefully for ur sake that you dont get charged with wqreckless driving etc, which u have a high chance of getting.
And man, that is bad news bout the ex too, i have no idea what to say, but i hope things start to go ur way, sounds like it hasnt been lately.
All the best mate.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
thanks Patrio7 & Wagon_Wheel...yeah i hope they do too...

just wanna get it paid out and then i can relax...although the neck and back pain and headaches arent helping right now too....

i was lucky enough to come away with that and a burn on my arm from airbag and scratches on the other arm....

hopefully i will have the cheque by the time i come back from holiday in gold coast and i can go looking for another car

the charge from the cops is a bit concerning but to be honest the main thing right now is getting the payment from the insurance company

Last edited:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
yeah i know what your feeling mate... my car was only 4k but it was still mine and my first. Cops took me to court and i lost my licence, just cos of an accident. I wasn't hooning either and they treated me like the shits.

About your mrs... i know it sucks that she's pissed off, but imagine if sh'd done this to you in a years time. Shes obviously not right so thats a good thing shes not with you.

Sucks about the car tho... if you get a chance, buy the wreck back as well and sell some parts off, the seats look ok, im sure you can get some more money there too...

aZk.

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Have a great time on the Gold Coast I just got back. If you get any further grief from the cops you can report them. Yes something will happen I work in a police force and complaints like that are taken very serious It makes us good and fair ones look like tools.
Hope you get you coin and and great replacement car.
Go wild on the Coast there is heaps to do plenty off places to drink

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
fuk that man....
are you getting it fixed through insurance or.... ??? something else?

i can't begin to sympathise with your girlfriend situation though :( i am so sorry

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
sorry mate, bad news eh

sorry to hear mate, shouldn't have been out partying so late, car is least of worrys just make sure your right your self, can easily replace car

looks like you might get that sv300 that you wanted all along, might have to add some more money to the insurance check though (refraise, alot of money)

anyhow, think of the positive side, you are still alive and by the sounds in not bad of condition, just think could have been a lot worse. just hope next time you realise when you shouldn't be on the road ( not enough energy , fatigue wise etc etc)

by the way car is an absoulute mess, its definately a write off if it hit the motor, jammed the gearbox, bent the main frame and rippled the roof, not to mention all the other damage that you can never see until you pull a crashed car apart

anyhow let us know how you go with the insurance company, cops and your next car, by the way how much you insured for? and are you going to buy another hsv, another manual?

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
i feel sorry for you, and your car man that had to suck, if you get your car back and buy another commodore you could always put in the interior if it doesnt come with it

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Terrible series of events mate. I sympathise. Don't forget that without the really **** days, great days would only be mediocre.

Hope things improve for you soon. :thumbsup: