Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Big Question?

younggun

92 vQ StAtEsMan 5Lt
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VQ StAtEsMaN 5Lt
Hey Guys/Gals

Alright i wanna do this but i dont know much bout all that wiring **** so just wondering if it is possible to hook this gear up?

alright i wanna hook up a screen somewhere above my head unit i wanna hook up a ps2 to the screen and have the screen ps2 and the head unit and the screens all runnign together and i wanna throw to small screens in the back of the front head rest for the people in the back which i also want hooked up to all the other gear and also i have a 6-9's in the back a 500w boss amp and 12inch boss sub!!!!

Please dont laugh if this is a dumb question lol

so can it be done ???????

Cheers

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Hey Guys/Gals

Alright i wanna do this but i dont know much bout all that wiring **** so just wondering if it is possible to hook this gear up?

alright i wanna hook up a screen somewhere above my head unit i wanna hook up a ps2 to the screen and have the screen ps2 and the head unit and the screens all runnign together and i wanna throw to small screens in the back of the front head rest for the people in the back which i also want hooked up to all the other gear and also i have a 6-9's in the back a 500w boss amp and 12inch boss sub!!!!

Cheers

Not dumb at all

Yes can be done... My wifes car has a avx2 in the front with two sunvisor mounted Toshiba 9.2" screens in them... plus the two in the head rests.... the screens in the headrests have an video input which allows the rear passanger to plug in a game console, digital camers or video camera, IPOD VIDEO etc which is great

Also the AVX2 allows for dual zone meaning the say the rear screens have a DVD playing on them with sound coming via the Head phone that I have hooked up for the rear passangers and the to the front you can have a CD, Tuner etc playing and coming through the speakers.

Though getting on to your system... really need to know what the Head unit is so can work out the wiring for you, rcas etc

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Hey Guys/Gals

Cheers

First thing's first... get rid of the Boss gear and get put something decent into your system. That 500W amp is only pushing out a fraction of that amount.. they like to use big (fake) numbers to sell their stuff... at least look for gear that displays their WRMS rating, much more important than crappy W max figures.
Secondly... anything is possible when it comes to electronics. Some things are just more complicated than others, but there is always a way.

But yeah I'd definitely be spending my money on replacing that Boss gear before I started putting screens in. That's just me though... if your happy with the Boss stuff then keep it, but you'd be amazed how much better it can sound with decent equipment. Look at Jaycar for decent gear at a good price, or talk to CAFO about the EFX gear he stocks, he rates it higher than Jaycar's gear at around the same cost.

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
hooking up system

if it is a slave screen which does not fold in, YOu can take out the heater vents above head unit and mount with brackets. If it folds into a din size i.e same size as headunit, then you can mount head unit directly below where it is now by cutting the back part of the pocket. if your original head unit has and auxillary audio input you can run audio from your ps2 to that. If not you will have to get an fm modulator and set a frquency on your radio to get audio. you will need to split the video out from ps2 to 3 outputs using two female to two male rca splitters. Bearing in mind that video signal quality will be slightly affected by sending it too 3 screens at once. if your boss amp is a 4 channel then you can run the 6 x 9's and sub of it. you will need two 5 mtr rca leads for that and 6 and a half mtrs of 8 gauge power wire. you will need a 3 mtr rca lead going to one of your video signal splitters run down centre console, under seat rails and up into seat for your screens. the ps2 can fit either in glove box, under glove box or under seat. also you will need 5 mtrs of trigger wire for the amp about 2-3 metres of at least 16 gauge speaker wire for your 6 x 9's and sub.

younggun

92 vQ StAtEsMan 5Lt
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VQ StAtEsMaN 5Lt
Wow thanks guys u really went into detail just wanted to know if it was possible but thanks heaps aye i will refer back here when i start the project umm what would be a good brand for the screens like want some fairly good quality?

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Wow thanks guys u really went into detail just wanted to know if it was possible but thanks heaps aye i will refer back here when i start the project umm what would be a good brand for the screens like want some fairly good quality?

TOSHIBA are the only ones to get as they are made in JAPAN and will last forever and a day

The CHEAP CRAP coming out of CHINA especially the LG screens last 3 -6 months on average from daily use and you end up with a green and blue line about 2 inches wide down the screens

The Toshiba 9.2" including the headrest are $480.00 a pair.

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
what do you mean car audio factory out let????

Personally I would not touch BOSS, RESPONSE or JAYCAR as from what we see and hear coming out of the speakers, sub and amp it OK though for the money are alot better systems on the market.