Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would White with Silver Flake look like?

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
What would White paint with Silver Flake look like?

Hi guys, I am saving to have my new VSII resprayed. It is currently white, I wan't to respray it white with silver flake but i'm not sure what it would look like? I've been looking at some new cars with metalic white paint, and you can barely see the metallic bits you have to look close up. And the metallic bits don't look silver? Is metallic white on new cars white paint with white flake or is it silver flake?

What I'm after is to see mostly white but also see silver sparkles in it, If I get it sprayed white then have them put silver flake in the clear coat will this give me the effect I'm after or will it make the car look silver?

Looking to use something like this link

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
You probably better finding a good spraypainter to give you a professional opinion unless someone has something similar you wont really know what its looks like

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
I would go and see your painter and see if he would do a test spray on an old part he has laying around. Most painters won't hesitate doing this if they now theres a respray on the end of it.

calais_coupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais V6
If you want a sparkle go for three layer pearl, never seen a white/silver one though i think the silver might overtake the white too much.
The way to go would be with flakes, house of kolor have heaps like normal, mini flakes and the have kameleon flakes.
If moneys an issue PPG is cheaper but still good pretty sure their VIBRANCE range has metallic flakes.
Good luck with your respray

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
As has been said before, ask for a test piece. Most painters will do this for free, others will do it for a 6 pack of beer.