Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Old mans new ride (2007 Subaru Forester XT Luxury)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
The car has been changed!!! No longer a Liberty Spec. B unfortunatly...

It is (now) a 2007 Subaru Forester XT Luxury.

-2.5lt turbo (WRX motor... Not the STi motor)

-Auto, but triptronic whatever its called.

-Full black leather int. + sunroof (massive sunroof!!)

-Momo steering wheel

-Full electrics

-Climate Control

-17" Alloys.

-Xenon headlights

-'Urban Grey' in colour

-Tinted windows, along with "privacy tint" on the back windows which is noticably darker

- 2 driving modes: Economy (feels like a 4 cylinder with only half ifs cylinders working), and Sports mode (which is its 'normal' mode)

-Constant all wheel drive

-Kms when purchased: 000,010 :p

Pictures on page 2

Last edited:

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
nice my boss bought a 2006 liberty last year very nice car considering its not a holden :p, what happens with the ss ?

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
what about the ss that is loads better than any subaru are you keeping the ss i would if i was you and trade in the calais

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well unfortunatly we got offered more for the SS than I can afford to pay, and I felt bad ripping my own dad off :p so its being traded in :(

I at least get one more drive in it though.

The suburu doesnt have as much grunt as the ss obviously, but has pletny of go :D And I tell ya what, it's probably the only car that im happy to be seen driving other than a holden (in that price range :p)

Its a really really nice car. Unfortunatly its not a holden, my dad test drove a ve calais v v6 and didnt like the feel :cry: I absolutly loved it... sad not to get the calais, but glad to get the liberty (if that makes sense :p)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
oopss.. i thought it was twin.. damn it.. ah well, still packs a punch :p

Edit #2 : Its actually Subaru.. not suburu....... Give me a break... Im new to subAru's :p

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
I didnt get to drive it because one of the guys there came with us on the test drive :( (although he was more than happy to let my dad have as much fun as he wanted, I couldnt drive it :()

My thoughts as a passanger, very smooth ride, the billstein (sp?) suspension is pretty tight, but still very comfy... Seats are really comfortable, has really good driving positions (i did adjust the seat for myself to see what its gonna be like :p) Umm.. Gets up to speed VERY quickly, but you dont even notice untill you look at the speedo. Very nice aesthetically inside and out. Body roll is pretty minimal, going around a round-a-bout at around 60ks it felt like it was only doin 20 (in regards to the car not feeling like it was going to roll over :p).

From what my old man said, Steering is VERY responsive and very light, you can really tell the difference between the 3 drives, on the other hand, one of the 2 criticisms he had about it was its turning circle, he thought the vy had a better turning circle. The other criticism was the leg room for back seat passangers, but the way the seats are designed that shouldnt be too much of a problem.

I have convinced my dad to let me take it out every now and then, only problems I have to overcome now are the new P plater laws (stupid vic!!) and the fact that RACV wnot insure anyone under 40 for that car LOL how stupid... I know just car would, but that means getting my da to change insurance companies blah blah.. But I will work out a way! And I cant wait... :D

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
my brother keeps going on about this car, he wants to get one, but it will just get knocked off again, like his evo 7.

he's getting the VY ss ute, he he.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Very smick mike, you get the keys to this one or what?:p