Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to replace pockets on Back of front seats?

V

VXXX

was reading other old thread about how you replace the back pocket of the back of the front seat in a VX, wondeing is anyone else has tried to replace these pockets (on back of front seats) wondering if you too used the pry by force way.?

Cheers

Jamie VXXX

T

travmank

Same Problem

I need to do the same thing, any suggestions?

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
There are 2 retaining clips in under the back panel - you access them with a screwdriver to release the panel from the bottom & then hinge it up.

If you don't have a lot of patience, just use the brute force method (grab the bottom & pull back & up) as you can slide out the 2 clips you bust & buy new ones from Holden for not much $$

Redfox

Reaction score
Yeah, you are actually supposed to snap the clips to take the seat back off. That's what the holden dealerships do if they have to get in there. Basically you have to spend a few bucks on new clips everytime you do it. Once you have the seat back off, just unscrew the pocket. I should do it on mine, but can't really be bothered right now. There is one thing that I couldn't figure out... how to get the lumbar winder handle off? Do you just pull it hard?

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
You don't have to snap them. If you are patient, you can slip a flat bladed screwdriver up there to release them, that's what I do, and I have never broken one yet.
You do need to slide the seat forward as far as possible, and wind it so it tilts as far forward, then you can lay across the back, with your head in the rear footwell, to see up in the gap (which you need to open up a bit with your other hand) and slip the driver up there to release the clip.

Commodorenut did a good how-to on VT/VX seat disassembly but it's on a private forum, so I can't post the pics to show you how easy it really is.

The recliner knob does simply pull off. You may need to wrap a paint scraper in a rag & lever it off, or use a screwdriver (carefully).

I have pulled the backs off them heaps of times to replace the cable back onto the lumbar mechanism (it jumps off) and I got so good at it in early VT days the local dealer sent the numerous "popped lumbar" warranty claims down to me - I could do it in under 10 minutes, without breaking anything!

If you are short on patience, or can't conort yourself into those positions, just crack em replace them, they slip out of the cover.

V

VXXX

update

yes, brought a new pocket from holden $49.36 includes the clips.......so i just pulled the back off & snapped the clips...............replaced pocket and new clips and snaped back in............easy job.

Redfox

Reaction score
VXXX said:
yes, brought a new pocket from holden $49.36 includes the clips.......so i just pulled the back off & snapped the clips...............replaced pocket and new clips and snaped back in............easy job.

Can you tell me where you bought this pocket from? Pretty much every holden dealer service centre that I've called, wants to charge me about $200 for the pocket alone! Not even including the back of the seat! Just the fabric cover. I couldn't believe it. If you can tell me where you got it from I'd really appreciate it. Btw, was that for a VT or VX? And what colour was it? The original VT grey or the darker black of the VX?

M

Matt74

I bought the "Map Pocket" today from Rockingham Holden in Perth. Its is part number GM-92144896. It comes with all screws and new clips. Total cost was $35. WIll attempt to replace it tommorow.

Cheers :drink:
Matt

M

Matt74

All fixed. Took a whole 20 mins which included a quick vacuum.

Cheers :drink:
Matt

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
been quoted $47 bucks, i've looked on ebay, maybe i'm typing in the wrong thing

"seat pouch" lmao, i'll try map pocket