Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Donations to JC

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hey there All,
As you know Just Commodores isn't getting any smaller and since the beginning it has been pretty well coming straight out of my own pocket - not that I've ever complained nor did I ever expect it to grow as much as it has.

Whilst this isn't and hasn't been a huge problem, like all of us I have other things happening in my life which will happen to all of us at some point if not already and understandably these must take priority ie mortgages.

I will say it right here and now, JC will not be closing, moving offshore or whatever else happens these days no matter what the circumstances might be, this has been proven by what happened recently with the prior dodgy hosting company. I can personally guarantee We are here for the long haul and hope to be around for many more years to come.

Sponsors are a huge help when it comes to paying the monthly / yearly bills and I wish to thank each and everyone for their support.

With that out of the way a run down on costs are as follows at the very minimum, there are likely to be things I have forgotten but it covers the bulk of it I would think

• Web hosting - Dedicated VPS ~$2100 pa, once we head onto our own dedicated box (which isn't very far off, in fact only months away) this will be at a minimum of $3600 pa for hosting and the server itself in the ballpark figure of around $2000 - $5000 depending on configuration, this is expected to last around the 2 - 3 year mark before requiring upgrading to something bigger and better.
  • Software ie vBulletin and other associated plugins - ~$200 pa
  • Domains - ~$90 pa for .com and .com.au which includes the live development domain and nameserver domains.

To get to the whole point of this thread what we are after are donations of some description to help with costs and to aid further development of the site and events fully paid for by JC should funds permit.

With the above said we don't expect you to get nothing in return, so here's what you get;

At present current members or as I like to call them 'Registered - Full Members' of 3 months and with a minimum of 20 posts have the following abilities:

• 25meg in attachments.
  • 100 Private messages (PM's).
  • Profile pictures can be a maximum of 100x100 pixels and up to 64kb in size.
  • Avatar pictures can be a maximum of 100x100 pixels and up to 20kb in size.
  • No signature images nor animations are permitted.

With any donation of $20 will not only give you a warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping the site but give you the following:

• 50meg in attachments.
  • 1000 Private messages (PM's).
  • Profile pictures can be a maximum of 300x300 pixels and up to 150kb in size.
  • Avatar pictures can be a maximum of 200x100 pixels and up to 120kb in size.
  • Signature images can be uploaded and be animated to your hearts content.

Any donation beyond $30 and over will get as listed above plus the following:

• Your very own [email protected] email address, to start off with 50meg space although once we move to our own dedicated this will be much higher, exact figure is unknown. You can make use as you would your 'normal' ISP account through Outlook, Thunderbird etc basically any mail application which supports POP3 / SMTP services and/or if you wish there is webmail available.
  • Alternatively to the above you may elect an email alias instead which simply forwards to a preferred destination ie hotmail, yahoo or ISP email address.
  • 25MB Web space ie username.justcommodores.com.au which can be used for anything legal, promoting your car, hobbies, heck skies the limit really.

How do you contribute? Easy by clicking on the 'Donate' button sitting up in the navigation bar or by clicking here

If you don't feel comfortable in using PayPal you can also contribute through bank transfer, details are as follows:

BSB - 923-100
Account Name - Darren Keech
Account Number - 15506464
Bank - ING Direct

If electing direct deposit if you could include your member name this will make the process much easier, also feel free to chuck me a quick PM with the receipt number.

Once the donation has been confirmed your usergroup will be promoted with a few PM's flying backward and forwards to get the extra's all setup.

If there is something you would like to see that isn't listed above let me know and I'll let you know whether it's doable or not.

I think it goes without saying but I wish to thank you all in advance, it's been a rough patch the past month but I feel we are right back on top of things! Suffice to say the last backup I have is no more than 30 minutes old :D

Cheers
Darren and the whole JC Crew

Please note email addresses and personal web hosting are no longer available, if you have any suggestions on what can be done by all means sing out.

Last edited:

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
thats a hell good deal for 20 buks
u might wanna raise the price for that
and have like smaller packs
like a 20 dollar pack which is half of what u propose which could be a 40 dollar pack
and a 10 dollar pack which is a quarter of the 40

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I'm all for that, there was a bloke that contacted me a while back about stickers, can't even remember the fella's name now.

I see this being very possible though, once some are organised of course.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Do we get a title under our name or colours or something to show we is special?? lol

I suppose cool sigs will be a giveaway huh? lol

Ill PM you about DD rather than paypal hun, I think this site has saved me more than $20 so its a no-brainer for me!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
About time you posted this Darren :p

There are also a few other perks possibly which won't be named until later.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
After running through some sums I have just made a quick change to my original post, anyone who has already contacted me for details will get the original $20 deal :)

Thanks for all your support guys and yes as mentioned by Craig this purely a testing ground so there is more to come, we can't let all the cats out of the bag at once can we.

The custom name is easy fixed although as some or a lot of you have them in place they may not want it changed to say 'Donating Member', I'll leave that decision to you guys to decide.

And yes you can have a pretty colour on your name, just name the colour and I'll get onto it. As you suggested it Dannii I'll leave the colour choice to you, other than red and orange, do I need explain why not those colours? :D

Edit: Just noticed a couple of quick things, with the username.justcommodores.com.au this can't start with numbers or include symbols ie _ ( * ^ etc etc.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Spoken to Darren ^_^ All things go lol

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
is the mail account pop/imap so i can hook it up through a mail client, or is it webmail only?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
You can make use as you would your 'normal' ISP account through Outlook, Thunderbird etc basically any mail application which supports POP3 / SMTP services and/or if you wish there is webmail available.

that what you're after?