Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

0-100 in an SS?

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
What would average be for an auto SS in standard trim from 0 to 100? Had a guy ask me today, and i had no idea...... never timed it. I know it gets there fast....

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Reaper has taken his for a spin on the g-tech I think he may have gone near mid 5's at least lower than high 5's anyway, I think it was similar to what he was running in the VP, pretty quick for something straight out the showroom

Hunter SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
sounds about right...... after i posted this i had to duck into town, so i tried it by just using the old 1001 - 1002 - 1003 etc.... took just under 5 seconds counting that way. I'll get my son in the car with a stop watch one day and try it again. It's no big deal really..... goes plenty good enough. I was asked by a mate who has an XR8.... i think he was after bragging rights. His is the same year as mine, 2006.

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2, VL 5sp Berlina Wagon
and then slip a charger under the bonnet and you'll be set.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
sounds about right...... after i posted this i had to duck into town, so i tried it by just using the old 1001 - 1002 - 1003 etc.... took just under 5 seconds counting that way. I'll get my son in the car with a stop watch one day and try it again. It's no big deal really..... goes plenty good enough. I was asked by a mate who has an XR8.... i think he was after bragging rights. His is the same year as mine, 2006.

The BA/F XR8's are alot slower especailly the autos. I race those all the time at the drags, they're slower then the VT-VY LS1's let alone a VE

Hunter SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
timed it at around 5.3 seconds

Last edited: