Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

0 To 140 Klm

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
just thought i would throw this one in,these figures are not gen 3 times or mind blowing but a mate and myself did a stop watch run from standing start, 0 to 100 k,s was 6.8 seconds,,0 to 140 k,s was12 seconds ,not really super fast but from a 5 litre vp with 120,000 ks 2 1/2 inch panther straight through system and i believe a modded chip,
anyway it sounds nice as the v8 starts to scream its head off with the drivers window open.
cheers fergi

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
dont really want to blow your bubble but my vs 6 cyl does 0-100 in 7sec flat
and thats only slightly modified

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
sounds ok jaffo ,but try it to 140 k,s and see what you get,also when you do a genuine start with the stop watch you might be surprised that the times you get are not what the test report says,v6 have plenty of low down grunt but they start to get tired once you get some serious speed going,my mate has a vt v6 and after the 100 k mark he falls away real quick when we put them side by side.as i said its not mind blowing performance but it sure beats the hell out of the sound of a six
cheers fergi

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
ok you may be right but when im sitting on a hundred kmh and put the boot in it dont ytake long to get to 160 starts bleeding off at that so far have'nt done over 195kmh but i'm sure it will.
i was'nt trying to belittle you i was just adding my outspoken comment
sorry if i upset you or anything.

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
jaffo i know you werent trying to be smart,just telling it as it is,thats ok thats what we are all on here for to compare our cars etc,but i wasnt trying to brag because as i said in my post its not mind blowing performance just was a thing i thought i would post.i used to own a phase two falcon GTHO a few years ago ,i had that thing balanced,blueprinted,solid lifters,high lift cam,roller rockers,tuned extractors,850 cfm double pumper holley,heads ported and polished,larger valves,that used to put out 380 bhp at the back wheels on the dyno tune,it used to rev to 8000 rpm,i had it on a run one day up in the flinders ranges wound it up to 7000 rpm in top gear which equates to 23.7 mph per 1000 revs from the rear diff ratio,that is about 270 kmh ,that is what i call performance so i hope you understand i wasnt bragging about my commodores performance,quite mundane really when i think about it
cheers fergi
ps that wasnt the top speed of the GTHO it was still pressing me back into the seat when i lifted the foot off

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
yes still got some pics but not very good ones ,i can post one if you want ,they are matt finish photos,candy apple red in color
cheers fergi

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
you mean a ford went that fast and didn't fall into a pile of nuts and bolts, wwwwwooooooowwwwww (im not a fan of ford)