Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

00 VX Commodore -fault code 0012 normal operation -car still stalls turning right

janelle

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vx 2001
Hi,

Our problems started off firstly need the CAS replaced, followed by the Fuel pump & filter. Now car is still stalling turning right!!!

Checked codes yesterday but fault code shows: 0012 Normal operation. turning left is fine, but turning right, the revs fluctuate and car stalls. Also after being driven for long periods, will just turn off.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips to point us in the right direction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks

janelle

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vx 2001
Power steering is full!! :-( wish l knew what was wrong..

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id check the battery clamp and the battery terminals.If the battery is moving around slightly when cornering,then it can cause bad connections in the wiring around the battery terminals etc,it might be worth checking if theres any movement there,and if theres any dodgey looking connections.

janelle

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vx 2001
Hi, Thanks, my partner checked the battery etc, all good!! He also removed the throttle bottle & gave it a damn good cleaning.... It was quite thick with black sludge, the only way to describe it... Running much better now, but still stalling right!! Going to give it a large gut full of fuel to see if it's possibly something in the fuel assembly. Still would love any other advice!!!

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
If this stalling issue just started check the wiring to CAS and fuel pump, start car, and then wobble wiring to these and see if you can duplicate fault.
If you replaced these parts to try and cure stalling fault then I would start car and wobble wiring to module under ignition coils and wiring to back of alternator and battery terminals and wiring to starter motor(the main power leads) and wiring under relay/fuse box.
One we had 30 years ago (from the twilight zone) only stalled when turning left was a loose plate inside the battery. so you could undo battery clamps and give battery a shake while engine idling

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
Stalling on right turn is a classic symptom of a fuel pump on it's way out. Since you recently changed it, I would first check that the new pump was installed correctly (don't assume it was, check it), and if so, I would be looking to maybe get another fuel pump, or try and find a good one you can borrow to test. There have been a few instances on this forum where a new fuel pump has turned out to be faulty or not correctly installed.