Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

01 Caprice

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Well, quick update. Seems like this car + any sort of exhaust upgrade doesn't go well at all together.

A guy offered me a cheap set of Tri-Y stainless extractors for the car. All seemed fine, and for the price, couldn't go wrong. Or so I thought.
Got them home and had a look and although the cylinder head flanges are LS, the bottom outlets of the extractors shoot off in a wildly different direction to the manifolds on the car and won't fit without serious modification.

I began researching and..... they're factory VE HSV Clubsport extractors. Bloody great. What do I do with these things now.
The bloke seems to stubbornly think they are VX VY and won't listen or take them back so now I've got these lumps sitting in the shed as paperweights.

They might work if I made my own special extractor-to-catback pipes (and put hi flow cats in them). But its a lot of mucking around just to be able to say I got VE HSV extractors in my WH. And I don't think any exhaust shops on this island are going to want to be bothered making up special extractor-to-catback pipes for me, as thats too hard for them, and will make the exhaust shop guys too grumpy.

Ah its the way it goes sometimes.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
"I began researching and..... they're factory VE HSV Clubsport extractors. Bloody great. What do I do with these things now."

I say E Bay the SOBs... if you were closed to me, we will be talking some sort of deal. I got a VE with the L76 and pretty much sure that might work for me.

Kyle_stato02

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh statesman
Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone still got the drilling template for the wh statesman bobtail spoiler?, cant access the pictures anymore on this post

_War_

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Wagon
Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone still got the drilling template for the wh statesman bobtail spoiler?, cant access the pictures anymore on this post

This is for the spoiler with part no. 92082116

Attachments

• WH Rear Spoiler drill location.jpg
    WH Rear Spoiler drill location.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 263

WHcaprice01

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH caprice
Umm. Just bought a set of new 19 inch wheels & tires... It was an accident, I swear :p

Pick them up next week- photos to come.

They are classy and they go well with the car, I promise. Nothing wild.

(I will take off the original HBD 17 inch wheels and put them in storage, as they are original and should be kept with the car)
Sorry to thread dig, but I’m 100% sure I own the car you’re talking about in this thread. All the same wheels, same HBD options etc. I’d like to get in contact and find out some history on it if possible?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Unfortunately he hasn't been on here in more than 4 years.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
There's 32 pages in this thread, had a read up on it and it just might give you the info you seek