Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02 Sensor

MaxBowden

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm statesman
I've got an 07 wm statesman, the engine has been replaced with an 09 ly7. Trying to get the precat 02 sensors replaced as the originals are stuffed. I Don't have the original vin or rego of the car the engine came out of so there is no way to know what the correct part number is. I have the new engine's engine number. Is there anything I can do? I have been told I can take a gamble and buy some 02s priced at $400+ a set hoping they are the correct pin and emission rating for the cars current ecu and engine, however there is a chance that this will result in no gain, the result would mean I would have to gamble with the other emission rating, however even then been told there is a chance that this still won't work. Any help would be appreciated feel free to ask questions.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Any o2 sensor for VE is fine.
Get Bosch preferably.

Dont go fluffing about over engine numbers and VINs. This tells me you’re using Repco or super crap data base. Absolute shite.

Unplug them and get the number of pins.

However you need to understand that if you have o2 codes, it’s entirely possible the sensors are doing their job. It’s their job to tell the ECM when data exceeds parameters. The causes are quite complex.

Codes don’t tell you what needs fixing. They tell the technician where to start looking.