Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02 Sensors and fuel economy

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hi guys i have a 05 VZ SV6 which is a bit of a pig on fuel. I was wondering if i changed the 02 sensors would it help get back some fuel economy to it?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will probably improve it, but you really need to track down the cause. What is your usage now? And how do you drive it?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
It will probably improve it, but you really need to track down the cause. What is your usage now? And how do you drive it?

Well in comparison to the VS Ecotec it uses twice the amount lol, im a cruiser don't hoon, don't even use the power button (in this car). Just regular driving. Had it 4 yrs always a bit heavy but seems to use more these days.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
New O2 sensors help especially if the old ones have never been changed but also how’s your air filter,fuel filter? Cleaned your maf sensor? Run injector cleaner thru your tank? Carrying excess weight in the car? Oil and filter done when they should be?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
New O2 sensors help especially if the old ones have never been changed but also how’s your air filter,fuel filter? Cleaned your maf sensor? Run injector cleaner thru your tank? Carrying excess weight in the car? Oil and filter done when they should be?

Air filter is a MACE CAI which is a few yrs old now, so might get another filter for that.
Never cleaned the MAF on this car so might try that as well
Injector cleaner is only about $20 from memory so might give it a hit as well
Oil, it's actually due for a change atm so i better get on to it next.
No heavy loads just me.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Air filter is a MACE CAI which is a few yrs old now, so might get another filter for that.
Never cleaned the MAF on this car so might try that as well
Injector cleaner is only about $20 from memory so might give it a hit as well
Oil, it's actually due for a change atm so i better get on to it next.
No heavy loads just me.
Just make sure you use maf specific cleaner for that, I changed the o2 sensors in my ve ss when the fuel economy figures were starting to go to **** and it did improve after