Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02 vx auto problem

chook350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3
Hey there. Had a look at a vx for a family member today. Auto isn't shifting gears properly, will rev to 4grand and wont change until I lift of the accelerator.
That's just driving normally, park to reverse and neutral to drive feel fine(feel the car lower and rise in the rear).
Bridged the pins to read flash codes and from I can work out 10 flashes, 1 flash, 2 flash, 1 flash = 21-tps high voltage. If that's right we have
21-tps high voltage
22-tps low voltage
41-est circuit
51-memcal error
73-pressure control solenoid

The trans oil is a little darker then normal so I'm thinking that maybe the trans filter could be restricting the fluid. Any ideas of other faults that will make it not want to change gear normally

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
tps and solenoid will definately affect auto trans

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If your TPS and PCS is playing up as the errors alluded to, you might experience such issues. TPS error code could just be a symptom of the PCS or vice versa.

Based on what you've said about the fluid it's probably long overdue for some loving. Fresh fluid, filter and have the TPS/PCS checked out and potentially replace.

chook350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3
cheers, I plan on changing the fluid n filter and will try the tps. Been asked to do a service on it too but id like to sort this trans issue out before doing the engine. Has new plugs it, will need new leads as is on gas and has blown the air box to bits.